LaunchBox Community Forums

Trying to hide a console window when booting a pc-game.

ModerateNOOB

Hi.

I learned in another topic how to easily create a batch file so that you could just import a pc-games exe file into launchbox, And then boot it.

But a console window shows up every time i run it in launchbox or Big box, I can get rid of the windows confirmation window by unchecking "run as administrator", But is there a way to get rid of the damn black console window as well.

A bit unsure if it is the batch or the game that creates it??

The code for the batch is:

pushd %~dp1

"%~nx1"

And as always, Thanks for your time.

You can kinda hide it (it still shows up in the taskbar) by creating a shortcut to the .bat file, then right click on the shortcut, click properties, and then under the shortcut tab, select run: minimised

This way you won't get the black console window actually popping up on the screen.

Oh, and afterwards, don't forget to point Launchbox to the shortcut rather than the bat file itself.

Edited by Belgarath
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Belgarath said:

You can kinda hide it (it still shows up in the taskbar) by creating a shortcut to the .bat file, then right click on the shortcut, click properties, and then under the shortcut tab, select run: minimised

This way you won't get the black console window actually popping up on the screen.

Oh, and afterwards, don't forget to point Launchbox to the shortcut rather than the bat file itself.

That simply worked beautifully , Thanks for the tip๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 1