LaunchBox Community Forums

Need a little or lot of help working on a Startup Theme

The Papaw

I've got a decent looking startup theme about finished. What I am wanting to do is make one of the images expand and retract a little in size or maybe rotate real slow.

Here is what I got:
<Image Grid.Row="1" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/StartupThemes/Fading Elegance/images/Star Burst.png" VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Stretch="Uniform" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" Width="1000px" Margin="15" />

Is it something easy to do?

I have been trying to whack up pieces of the Default one using a spinning disc, but can't figure it out. 

18 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Look in the Default Startup theme folder. Open one of the CD based platform xaml files. In there you will see an example of rotation. Triggering animations is not too hard. You may spend more time refining the movement/speed than anything else.

I been trying to use some of the code from the Default Startup. Use the Nintendo Wii.xaml in the Default Startup theme.  I've tried adding the portions that I would think I would need, but that ain't worked.

In the Nintendo Wii.xaml it has starting at line 16:

<Storyboard x:Key="Load">
            <!-- DISC ROTATE -->
            <DoubleAnimation Storyboard.TargetName="DiscImage"

Do I change the TargetName= to my image file name, or use the "DiscImage"?

I've tried just pasting the UserControl.Resources portion into my file above the Canvas and that doesn't work either. (Line 1-43)

Edited by The Papaw

3 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

I been trying to use some of the code from the Default Startup. Use the Nintendo Wii.xaml in the Default Startup theme.  I've tried adding the portions that I would think I would need, but that ain't worked.

In the Nintendo Wii.xaml it has starting at line 16:

<Storyboard x:Key="Load">
            <!-- DISC ROTATE -->
            <DoubleAnimation Storyboard.TargetName="DiscImage"

Do I change the TargetName= to my image file name, or use the "DiscImage"?

I've tried just pasting the UserControl.Resources portion into my file above the Canvas and that doesn't work either. (Line 1-43)

Let me just rename one of the CD based files to default and start that way....thank you sir for replying, maybe I can figure it out that way

That target name is used in the image line of code. So if you look at line 73 of the xaml you will see Jason labeled the image in that section of code "DiskImage". This is what links the storyboard piece to the image. So you can do the same using whatever name you want. You just need to make sure the name is referred to in both sections of code.

So be sure to look both at the code in the UserControl and the code in the lines for the actual image.

6 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Default may not have the UserControl line for the gif. At the top of your theme you may need to add this line. Paste in where you see the other xlmns lines (starts at line 1).

xmlns:gif="clr-namespace:WpfAnimatedGif;assembly=Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf"

Thank you sir, I got it going. On to the Pause Theme! hahaha