LaunchBox Community Forums

Playlist Theme view help

denmiclaw

Hoping someone can nudge me in the right direction - not sure what I missed.  I've recently been playing around with Playlists for MAME, and I have them set up the way I think I want them - The problem is in BigBox, using the Unified Theme.

My theme views for the Playlists don't show up.  Platform Categories are showing, MAME is showing, the Playlist theme videos are showing, but when I go into the Game List, it's the Default MAME game theme for every playlist.   Like the Image shows, the playlist video under MAME is Fighting, which chose, but when I choose it to go into the playlist game list, it shows the default MAME game theme view.  I have checked all the png names, and they are correct.  It does this with any of the playlists I have.

Any ideas?   Thanks!

Screen.thumb.png.966d1ccaf2a0f8563a59cd366c45c5ff.png

Edited by denmiclaw

You likely do not have custom theme images then for your playlists in the Unified theme's \Images\Theme folders.

In order for a custom playlist image to show up when you are in a playlist you would need to have images for at least \Background and \VideoBorder. Otherwise it will just use the platforms default images.

I have those.  I am using the default ones that came with the Unified Theme - in the Launchbox\Themes\Unified\Images\Theme folder.  Fighting Games has files for the Background, Logo, Pointer and Videoborder - they are named the same as the MAME Fighting.mp4, which does show  It's just the game view for playlists that aren't showing right, for some reason.  The game views for just a regular platform show up fine.    I thought maybe it was an issue with it being nested, so I moved the playlist directly under the ARCADE category, but the same issue occurs.   I'm at a loss what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

This shows my playlist xml's and the files, for example, for the Fighting Playlist  I apologize for the crudity, I'm not much of an image editor :)

Screen2.thumb.png.a016bdb8b595d3f1e358374c7829d73e.png

Edited by denmiclaw

If all the images are there and named "Mame Fighting" that really is all that is needed as the theme will dictate the images. So there is no setting you need to check. I keep all my playlists in a Playlist Category. I moved a couple of them to nest under Arcade Platform no issue. Can you post an image of the inside of your \Data\Playlist folder?

5 minutes ago, denmiclaw said:

It's in the top left of the picture I just posted, thank you!.

Thanks. The images were not showing as my page had not refreshed from your edit. Yeah that all looks good. Post that fighting xaml and let me test it on my set-up.

None of your playlists show at all right?

OK. I think the "Auto-Populate" is causing the issue for some reason. The only way I would get the images to show was to edit the playlist and in the auto-populate tab uncheck the box. I also had to select a place for the playlist to show as in the Parents folder you did not have anything selected. Can you uncheck auto-ppopulate in the playlist and see if it works.