LaunchBox Community Forums

Eclipse

Fry

I've got a few minor bug fixes in the works.  Basically if you change any setting on the manage eclipse screen, you need to hit save before editing custom lists or those changes would be lost.  There's a bug where saving the custom lists reloads all the settings from the file.  I've got a few other minor fixes done too.  I will see if I can find more stuff to fix before putting out another release.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Fry said:

Regarding All category, do you happen to have a playlist called All with one game in it?  I ask because new in this version is if a playlist is set to be included in platforms then those playlists will be included as lists in the platforms category.  Regarding the one  game repeating 8 times, it's always worked like that.  It basically fills up the screen with box images.  So for example, if you have a list with only two or three games in it, those two or three games will repeat all the way across the screen. Technically, it does scroll through the games but there's no animation on the scrolling so it doesn't look like anything is happening.  

That's interesting about the file permission error.  I will look into that.  I'm assuming it's a bug with using the config for the first time if a restart fixed it.  I haven't experienced that but I will try with some fresh installs and see if I can reproduce it.  

Good news. I don't use playlists, and the 'all' option for playlists in launch box shows all games, as expected. I created a new playlist, and that new list appeared ok in eclipse.

So, I hid the game and the All list disappeared. Problem sort of solved!

The meta data explained the root cause and it was at my end. The game was incorrectly associated with a platform "All". 

Thank you so much for steering me in the right direction. And for this awesome front end!

• Like 1

Love the update. I see you are doing some adjustments. I have a question. How can I change the text list with detail games view to a different theme option? I love this theme but I wanted the Vision text list with rotating 3d cart case.

I am not trying to be offensive just your setup with that list view is just too wow factor to not try and setup

On 1/21/2023 at 6:25 AM, Kinglifer said:

Love the update. I see you are doing some adjustments. I have a question. How can I change the text list with detail games view to a different theme option? I love this theme but I wanted the Vision text list with rotating 3d cart case.

I am not trying to be offensive just your setup with that list view is just too wow factor to not try and setup

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking.  This theme only provides one view which is the platform wheel 1 view.  Were you wanting to use a different view?  

On 1/25/2023 at 6:23 PM, walter10h said:

This theme is absolutely wonderful! The only thing I want to do is mute game videos, it seems my audio settings are ignored. It's minor though.

Thank you for this awesome theme!

Thanks for the kind words. Regarding audio settings, I haven’t coded the audio for game previews to be linked to the big box settings. I don’t think the plugin API will give me access to the value of those settings and unfortunately if you have a mute or volume button bound, the plugin API wont fire those inputs to the plug-ins. I do think there’s a nice opportunity for a setting that lets you mute the game preview videos as well as turn them off completely. That shouldn’t be too hard to add so I’ll add it to the list for enhancements. In the meantime, On the latest version you can go into launchbox and select tools > manage eclipse and there are a handful of options you can select for the page up and page down functionality. You can select volume up and volume down for them to manually turn the volume off for now but you’d have to do that each time you boot into BigBox so it’s not ideal but it’s an option. Also not ideal because then you lose the ability to do other page up/down functions like voice search, random game, or paging games. Just thought I’d mention it as a stop gap until I can add some options for you. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fry said:

Thanks for the kind words. Regarding audio settings, I haven’t coded the audio for game previews to be linked to the big box settings. I don’t think the plugin API will give me access to the value of those settings and unfortunately if you have a mute or volume button bound, the plugin API wont fire those inputs to the plug-ins. I do think there’s a nice opportunity for a setting that lets you mute the game preview videos as well as turn them off completely. That shouldn’t be too hard to add so I’ll add it to the list for enhancements. In the meantime, On the latest version you can go into launchbox and select tools > manage eclipse and there are a handful of options you can select for the page up and page down functionality. You can select volume up and volume down for them to manually turn the volume off for now but you’d have to do that each time you boot into BigBox so it’s not ideal but it’s an option. Also not ideal because then you lose the ability to do other page up/down functions like voice search, random game, or paging games. Just thought I’d mention it as a stop gap until I can add some options for you. 

I didn't think about mapping the buttons to vol up or down. Thank you. :D It's a fine workaround. Are your theme and plugin open source by any chance?

9 hours ago, walter10h said:

I didn't think about mapping the buttons to vol up or down. Thank you. :D It's a fine workaround. Are your theme and plugin open source by any chance?

https://github.com/AtomFry/Eclipse

yep. It’s pretty messy. I cringe at a lot of the decisions I made to get some of this stuff to work. I’m slowly starting to refactor away the bad stuff. There’s still tons of anti-patterns in there that need to get fixed. 

Edited by Fry

@walter10h, I've uploaded a new version with a setting you can use to turn off the game preview volume.  In LaunchBox under Tools > Manage eclipse, on the other tab, you can now set the default video volume anywhere from 0 (muted) to 1 (max volume) where 0.5 is the default volume.  

image.thumb.png.550ccb8a309a64b334ed7ba12c008b57.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2023 at 10:08 PM, Fry said:

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking.  This theme only provides one view which is the platform wheel 1 view.  Were you wanting to use a different view?  

I would like when  you click on a cart the info view would have a 3d case.

Also because I use Sunshine/Moonlight could I have a way to type to search? Voice does not work with the NVidia Controller streaming to a differnt device. 

Edited by Kinglifer

On 1/30/2023 at 10:26 PM, Fry said:

@walter10h, I've uploaded a new version with a setting you can use to turn off the game preview volume.  In LaunchBox under Tools > Manage eclipse, on the other tab, you can now set the default video volume anywhere from 0 (muted) to 1 (max volume) where 0.5 is the default volume.  

image.thumb.png.550ccb8a309a64b334ed7ba12c008b57.png

Oh wow! Thank you so much! Been super swamped this week, so this is a great surprise to come back to. lol

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...