LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to assign multiple cores in launchbox/retroarch emulator settings

CDBlue

Hi all,

Not sure what's changed, but in the past I used to be able to edit my retroarch emulator settings and assign multiple cores for different platforms.  For example, for Super Nintendo Entertainment System I used to be able to add two entries, both named Super Nintendo Entertainment System, and one uses the bsnes core, and the other uses the snes9x core.  This would then allow me to select one as the primary core, and one to use as an alternative.  Today when I went to edit something in my retroarch settings, it would not allow me to exit/save settings until I deleted all those duplicate/different core entries.   How do we do we setup alternative cores for retroarch now?... or is this a bug I've discovered?

See pics for what I get as an error when I try to add a 2nd entry for Super Nintendo Entertainment System using the snes9x core.

EDIT: I'm on version 12.1 and using Windows 11 64-bit... FYI

screen1.jpg

error1.jpg

Edited by CDBlue

• CDBlue changed the title to Unable to assign multiple cores in launchbox/retroarch emulator settings
13 minutes ago, CDBlue said:

Hi all,

Not sure what's changed, but in the past I used to be able to edit my retroarch emulator settings and assign multiple cores for different platforms.  For example, for Super Nintendo Entertainment System I used to be able to add two entries, both named Super Nintendo Entertainment System, and one uses the bsnes core, and the other uses the snes9x core.  This would then allow me to select one as the primary core, and one to use as an alternative.  Today when I went to edit something in my retroarch settings, it would not allow me to exit/save settings until I deleted all those duplicate/different core entries.   How do we do we setup alternative cores for retroarch now?... or is this a bug I've discovered?

See pics for what I get as an error when I try to add a 2nd entry for Super Nintendo Entertainment System using the snes9x core.

EDIT: I'm on version 12.1 and using Windows 11 64-bit... FYI

screen1.jpg

error1.jpg

This is fixed in the current betas.