LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Failing To Launch (Requires Installation Everytime To Just Get It Working)

SWEATYDRACO

Just now, KingSlayer937 said:

you mentioned nothing, i dont like you at all and alot of other prolly share that feeling. IDC  one bit what you want me to do i take no orders from people that act the way you do. Ill do as i please thank you, ban me, dont, idc either way as my front end is finished up pretty much. Funny how you say something to me because i know you dont like me, but said nothing to this dork about using drugs and all that, your a asshole hypicrit. so let that resonate as you remove me from the forum.

i'd rather be on drugs than ranting on some forums about their personal relationship with the staff 😭 what a fuckin sad life u live man

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

You can have as many installs as you like, so that wouldnt of been the issue.

could've been a registry issue i've had issues similar to this before with modding other games and having like 12 installs (xD)

could also be DEP.

Edited by SWEATYDRACO

2 minutes ago, KingSlayer937 said:

Funny how you say something to me because i know you dont like me, but said nothing to this dork about using drugs and all that,

He asked you both to stop actually, so please do. As for the drugs part, who cares, his life and he can do what he wants with it, it's none of yours, our ours business. 

1 minute ago, SWEATYDRACO said:

could've been a registry issue i've had issues similar to this before with modding other games and having like 12 installs (xD)

could also be DEP.

Launchbox doesnt touch the registry, or put any files anywhere other than the Launchbox folder, it's a portable app and can be moved to different drives or different PC's just via drag and drop.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

He asked you both to stop actually, so please do. As for the drugs part, who cares, his life and he can do what he wants with it, it's none of yours, our ours business. 

the people in this retro gaming community i've realized are reallllllllllllly spicy for little to no reason usually LMFAO

Edited by SWEATYDRACO

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Launchbox doesnt touch the registry, or put any files anywhere other than the Launchbox folder, it's a portable app and can be moved to different drives or different PC's just via drag and drop.

MAYBE just MAYBE i was using the wrong shortcut of the wrong install. Me forgetting it's a portable app.

Edited by SWEATYDRACO

Now that could be a issue, yes.

I have another issue, is there any way to change the LICENSED TO: text because i'm a streamer and my full birth name is on there and i don't wanna risk getting doxed

is it possible to edit the License.xml and change my name?

Edited by SWEATYDRACO

3 minutes ago, SWEATYDRACO said:

I have another issue, is there any way to change the LICENSED TO: text because i'm a streamer and my full birth name is on there and i don't wanna risk getting doxed

is it possible to edit the License.xml and change my name?

Editing the file will break it, so dont do that. Email support@unbrokensoftware.com and explain you want it changed and why.

22 minutes ago, KingSlayer937 said:

you mentioned nothing, i dont like you at all and alot of other prolly share that feeling. I

From my earlier post. If you did not see that, no biggie. Like I said I was just looking to keep the post from spiraling as well...we see it did.

53 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I am going to cut all the unnecessary banter from this point on. Please refrain from unnecessary comments in posts and let's just stick to the issue.

22 minutes ago, KingSlayer937 said:

you mentioned nothing, i dont like you at all and alot of other prolly share that feeling. IDC  one bit what you want me to do i take no orders from people that act the way you do. Ill do as i please thank you, ban me, dont, idc either way as my front end is finished up pretty much. Funny how you say something to me because i know you dont like me, but said nothing to this dork about using drugs and all that, your a asshole hypicrit. so let that resonate as you remove me from the forum.

Funny I do not think I have ever had any interactions with you on the forum before this one. I could be wrong. But I can guarantee I have never been disrespectful to you if I we have commented before. So what angst you have with me is all one of your own making and if you think a lot of other users share that sentiment, well that tells me all I need to know. Me saying something to you has only everything to do with the fact I asked for no more comments and you were the only one to comment unnecessarily again. I am not going to ban you or anything. All I am going to do is respond politely and professionally to you like I do anyone else I comment with. If you have an issue with me, well that's on you as I never worry about things like that.

• Like 1

yo we need to figure this out today because i really have been spending 3 days just trying to get this to work. i bought a license and everything for christs sake. please forgive my attitude i just feel like it should be working. i'm not illterate with computers it seemed simple enough

5 minutes ago, SWEATYDRACO said:

yo we need to figure this out today because i really have been spending 3 days just trying to get this to work. i bought a license and everything for christs sake. please forgive my attitude i just feel like it should be working. i'm not illterate with computers it seemed simple enough

Well the thing is, it does work for everyone else, for the most part, so this is likely restricted to your specific setup. Can we get PC specs, OS version and Launchbox version please?

Well the thing is, it does work for everyone else, for the most part, so this is likely restricted to your specific setup. Can we get PC specs, OS version and Launchbox version please?

PC SPECS: I9 9900K, RTX 2070, 32GB RAM DDR4

LAUNCHBOX VERSION: 12.1

bro it just decides when it wants to open and when it doesnt sometimes it hangs and i have to close and sometimes it just opens (after a fresh install + registry clean)

what exactly am i looking for in event viewer? what do i click after windows tools?

Edited by SWEATYDRACO