LaunchBox Community Forums

know which game is imported

thewhite

Hi, 

When importing games, many times it doesn't import all games because there was detected as duplicate. That's ok, but there is a log or a way to see what games are imported, so i can easily see and remove files on hard drive? If you don't have a way to see that, maybe you could add a link to a log and show it at the bottom of the popup windows "we are adding yours games...".

It could be really usefull, thanks.

• Like 1

You might could use ToolsAudit [Platform Name] after you do your Import to see what's there.  

If your Platform is Arcade (MAME), you'll want to be a little careful on what files you delete, depending on the type of set you have.  Some arcade machine roms rely on other files that don't/won't get imported as games. Namely Bios and Device files.

Yes, i know i can see for time added in the audit, but it can be simple to add a log file in the log folder when adding games. Maybe a csv file with two columns separate by comma, first column with input game and second if it's a duplicated.

I mainly add console games.

Edited by thewhite

Another thought is to copy the contents of the Audit to a spreadsheet and then you can remove the unneeded columns, keeping the games Title, folder location and even the duplicates column.  Heck, even save it as a .csv file. ;) 

Or (maybe a little more work?) put your roms in a 'temp' folder and then drag & drop them into LB to import. Then [in the Import Wizard] select the option to "Move the files".  The only [potential] drawback to that is you can only move them into your ../LaunchBox/Games/yourPlatformName/  folder [which isn't necessarily a bad thing].  But the ones that don't get moved are the ones not imported.

Then if ultimately you don't want then under the LaunchBox/Games folder structure, you can manually move them to their final location and use the ToolsChange ROMs Folder Path.

I'm not discrediting your idea, just brainstorming current available options.

To get something 'new' integrated into LaunchBox, they say the best way is to click [at the top of this page] Help & Support then Request a Feature.  Sometimes thoughts, requests and ideas get "lost" (for lack of a better word) here in the forums.  But the Feature Request Bitbucket is dedicated to just that.

I have done with all the platform games, but i add somes games from a temp folder before drag it in the final folder (i edit the platform xml file to fix the path). It can be a solution to let LB to move games and after move it in the final folder as i no need to import thousand games...