LaunchBox Community Forums

issues launching CD-i using MAME standalone via launchbox

Bageena

Hello I did see a pretty good guide here getting CD-i launching using the retroarch core. However I already have CD-I setup and functional in my main MAME install and would love to launch the games directly from launchbox. I have tried to zip my games folder with all the cdhs into one file, load that to launchbox launch from the zip. MAME launches but I just get a black screen. When I try to add just the CHD MAME doesn't even open. I am guessing I need some kind of command line parameters to get MAME to open the cdimono1 before loading the CHD. I am a noob with the command lines and was having trouble finding my answer searching the forms. If anyone could link me to another thread that may be of assistance or have an answer I sure would appreciate the help.

Well it seems I have resolved my own issue. With a little digging here and experimentation. My CDI roms are from a software list the files with the CHDS in them were not zipped. I zipped all the chd folders and imported them into LB. Then renamed them in Lunchbox so they would get the Metadata My chdmono1 I have located in both my cdi games folder and in my systems folder in MAME. Not sure which one it is using. All I needed to do was use the command line "cdimono1 -cdrm" specific for CDI under MAMEs associated platform. There may be another way to get this up and running but every game I have tested so far has had no issues. Including Zelda which I have seen some other people struggle get running using just the chd.

Edited by Bageena
  • Game On 1

13 hours ago, Bageena said:

I have located in both my cdi games folder and in my systems folder in MAME.

If you wanted to do a little 'house cleaning', if your CDI games folder is listed in your rompath in your mame.ini file, you can just leave that one.  Otherwise, a safe bet would be to place it in your "roms" folder under MAME [emulator folder].  But any location will work as long as it's in the "rompath".

13 hours ago, Bageena said:

All I needed to do was use the command line "cdimono1 -cdrm" specific for CDI under MAMEs associated platform. There may be another way to get this up and running

There's almost always 'another way' to do this, but through your digging and experimentation your found the "Right" way to it. ;) Well done!

• Like 1