LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't download music

aleph_naught

I'm putting the final touches on my BigBox collection and have gotten absolutely stumped by this issue.

Using the "Update Metadata and Media for Selected Games" wizard, LaunchBox flat out refuses to download Music from EmuMovies. No error message, the operation simply completes without result.

Now, if I right-click the entry for an individual game - "Edit -> Edit Metadata/Media -> Media -> Download Media... etc", it works just fine, assuming there's a music Download available for that game. But trying to do any more than one at a time? Nuh uh.

Not too keen to do that for all 1796 games.. suspect this is a bug, or am I missing something? On version 12.3.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 2:35 AM, aleph_naught said:

I'm putting the final touches on my BigBox collection and have gotten absolutely stumped by this issue.

Using the "Update Metadata and Media for Selected Games" wizard, LaunchBox flat out refuses to download Music from EmuMovies. No error message, the operation simply completes without result.

Now, if I right-click the entry for an individual game - "Edit -> Edit Metadata/Media -> Media -> Download Media... etc", it works just fine, assuming there's a music Download available for that game. But trying to do any more than one at a time? Nuh uh.

Not too keen to do that for all 1796 games.. suspect this is a bug, or am I missing something? On version 12.3.

Sorry for the late reply here. We're not aware of any issues with EmuMovies downloads in 12.3 (or 12.4, which recently came out). Assuming you're still seeing these issues, can you turn on Debug Logging under Tools > Options > Debugging in LaunchBox? Then you can try downloading some and share the most recent log file with us from your LaunchBox\Logs folder.

Thanks Jason - no worries, subsequent mucking around has shed a bit more light on this issue. The EmuMovies database for music is far from comprehensive, although better for some platforms than others. In this case the platform I was testing with was Amiga 500, which has very little music on their servers.

However, turns out that when you're scraping an individual game, the scraper will match and download music that's from a different platform from the ROM itself. An example is The Adventures of Robin Hood, which released on both Atari ST and Amiga (among other platforms). I've got the Amiga rom, which has no matching music, but EmuMovies does have music for the Atari version. So that's what Launchbox was downloading. However, when doing media downloads for multiple games, the scraper is strict about platform.

Unsure why this is the case, but It's probably not intended behaviour. It would be nice to have the option (a tickbox maybe?) to do platform agnostic media scraping en masse.

• Like 1