LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't get Big Box to launch on 3rd monitor screen

Johnny T

I've got three monitors. Two of them are just 1920x1080 but Monitor 3 is 1080x1920 (portrait).

I've "identified" the 3 monitors and the vertical one is number 3.

However, when I set Big Box to use Screen 3 as it's primary monitor (marquee monitor is set to 'none') then it just launches on Screen 2 instead?

Anyone any ideas? 

I can probably buy a lead and mess around setting my vertical monitor to Screen 2 but thought I'd ask on here before I went to that trouble in case there was an easy fix?

15 minutes ago, faeran said:

Just curious, when you are cycling through the Big Box screen options, does it never land on the portrait monitor?

Hi Faeran, thanks for chipping in (great video's on YT by the way...). Good suggestion, I just tried it... Screen 1 goes to Screen 1, Screen 2 goes to Screen 2, Screen 3 goes back to Screen 1 again :( 

I wonder if it's a limitation because i've got three screens? Maybe I need to make my vertical monitor either Screen 1 or 2 ?

5 minutes ago, Johnny T said:

Hi Faeran, thanks for chipping in (great video's on YT by the way...). Good suggestion, I just tried it... Screen 1 goes to Screen 1, Screen 2 goes to Screen 2, Screen 3 goes back to Screen 1 again :( 

I wonder if it's a limitation because i've got three screens? Maybe I need to make my vertical monitor either Screen 1 or 2 ?

Thanks @Johnny T. At least I can say that on my main computer, I do use 3 screens, and they can cycle between them without issue.

Long shot, but maybe play around with the positioning of the screens in Windows and see if that makes any difference.

You can also unplug one of your other monitors temporarily just to test if Big Box is able to display anything on that screen.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, faeran said:

Thanks @Johnny T. At least I can say that on my main computer, I do use 3 screens, and they can cycle between them without issue.

Long shot, but maybe play around with the positioning of the screens in Windows and see if that makes any difference.

You can also unplug one of your other monitors temporarily just to test if Big Box is able to display anything on that screen.

Yep, that worked!! I changed screen 3 to be at the other side and it works now?

image.thumb.png.55fa58bcb5e2eca9b52b9572d9e29289.png

Strangely, if Screen 3 is in the centre or at the left hand side then it doesn't work??

Many thanks for the great suggestion matey :)

Just now, Johnny T said:

Yep, that worked!! I changed screen 3 to be at the other side and it works now?

image.thumb.png.55fa58bcb5e2eca9b52b9572d9e29289.png

Strangely, if Screen 3 is in the centre or at the left hand side then it doesn't work??

Many thanks for the great suggestion matey :)

The oddities of Windows sometimes. Glad it worked out!

• Like 1