LaunchBox Community Forums

List of missing games per system

Daliant

Hello @faeran, is not that what I really want to know.

What I want to know is which games from the Launchbox database are not in my games collection, that is, which games from the database are not installed on my system.

Edit:

Is there a file from the current Launchbox database that includes the game name and database ID?

I have found within the Launchbox installation folder a game database file (xml) that includes the platform and game name, but does not include the database ID.

If I had this information I could cross it with my game database file and compare the IDs to find out which ones are missing.

The problem with game names is that the Launchbox database and my own database do not have the same names and it is difficult to know if a game is really the game it claims to be. With the information of the game ID there would be no problem in joining one list with the other.

Does this Launchbox database xml exist?

Greetings.

Edited by Daliant

2 minutes ago, Daliant said:

Hello @faeran, is not that what I really want to know.

What I want to know is which games from the Launchbox database are not in my games collection, that is, which games from the database are not installed on my system.

I see. Not sure if there's an easy way to see this, as the GamesDB is constantly changing. LaunchBox does refresh a local copy of the database metadata on your local machine, but there's no easy way to do a compare with your library. Sounds like a good plugin idea.