LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox + Steam overlay using the Guide button is driving me insane

drw4013

I set up Launchbox to use the Xbox controller Guide button to pull up the BigBox pause screen/menu.  This works great for every platform...except Steam.  When running a Steam game from BB, when I hit the Guide button, it does pull up the BB pause screen.  But when I select "Resume Game", I am take to the Steam BigPicture home page.  I then have to go into the Steam Library and "restart" the game, even though it is already running.  This makes no sense.  When starting a game directly from Steam without BB running, the guide button brings up the Steam in-game overlay correctly - allowing me to choose "Resume Game", "On-Screen Keyboard", etc.

In my Steam controller settings, the "Guide button focuses Steam" is disabled. Just to be sure, I enabled that, but the issue was unchanged.

Ideally, I'd like to change the Steam overlay to a different button altogether to remove any overlap using the Guide button in BB so I could access both separately.  However, Steam has the Overlay locked to the Guide button with no way to change it - save for disabling the Guide button completely, which then breaks the ability to even bring up the BB Pause Menu when in Steam. So at the very least, I'd like to find a way to correct the issue where the Steam BigPicture home page is brought up instead of the game overlay menu.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

10 hours ago, Suhrvivor said:

Try going to controller settings on Steam, select the detected controller you're using, then click on the Define Layout button, press the reset button, then re-define every button but the guide button. Now the guide button won't work on Steam.

I did try that: "no way to change it - save for disabling the Guide button completely, which then breaks the ability to even bring up the BB Pause Menu when in Steam."  Is there a way to still use it to bring up the BB pause menu if I disable it in Steam?

Edited by drw4013