LaunchBox Community Forums

Scary reset of unit, Thought all my systems playlists were gone

slydog43

Last night I powered off my new GPD XP.  When I awoke, I powered on the XP and ran LaunchBox.  To my horror, I thought everything was gone, as I got the dialog box stating welcome to launchbox.  I checked and it was the free version ????   I think what happened was the MicroSD card was not fully initialized in android, which is where all my playlists and license file are stored.  I exited out, browsed files and saw the SD card, retried LaunchBox and everything was good again.  Just wondering if there needs to be a check in LaunchBox for the presense of the MicroSD card.  Just thinking others shouldn't go through that :)

1 hour ago, slydog43 said:

Last night I powered off my new GPD XP.  When I awoke, I powered on the XP and ran LaunchBox.  To my horror, I thought everything was gone, as I got the dialog box stating welcome to launchbox.  I checked and it was the free version ????   I think what happened was the MicroSD card was not fully initialized in android, which is where all my playlists and license file are stored.  I exited out, browsed files and saw the SD card, retried LaunchBox and everything was good again.  Just wondering if there needs to be a check in LaunchBox for the presense of the MicroSD card.  Just thinking others shouldn't go through that :)

Good to know; I don't think that would happen often, but maybe we can add a warning for that.

• Like 1