LaunchBox Community Forums

Gamecube iso not loading with launchbox

slydog43

I have dolphin setup and running correctly (I think) on android.  I have android 11 and iso are stored on SD Card. (I think that is the trouble).  When I try and launch a game with LaunchBox, I get Warning message: "/storage/3539-3131/ROMs/NintendoGameCube/000_AAA_Top/Madden NFL 2003 (USA).iso is an invalid GCM/ISO file, or is a not a GC/Wii ISO.  Yet I can run this iso with the dolphin emulator directly.  Any ideas?   Thanks

Incredible being able to play gamecube on a small android handheld (Powkiddy X18s), emulation has come soooo far!!!!

I have launchbox working fine on a GPD XP with gamecube, Very strange how one device works and not the other.  Still looking into it.  Still curious if its an android 10+ thing because of how SD cards work or something else, probably just something stupid I did

Edited by slydog43
more info

Did you install it from play store recently.because the app is now support the new Android storage method. If you want it to be fixed there are two solutions I know that can fix it. First one is for the launchbox programmer to add the support to work with Android 11 and later . The second one is to download older version of dolphin then play a game after that update to new version.

Thanks, incredible that uninstalling, installing dolphin 5.0-15260, running dolphin, installing latest dolphin, give dolphin access to sd card rom dir, bam working again inside of dolphin when launched from launchbox.

Great job, thanks but I'm still confused, Jason has to update/fix Launchbox for android or is it Dolphin?

Edited by slydog43

I meant launch box . Launch box must be updated to support new Android storage requirements. All new updates for all emulators will use new storage path if they want to continue on Play store . This new update made front end apps non usable .  Launch box programmer couldn't figure out how to fix this problem . But there is other front end app that fixed this problem . My advice for launch box programmer is to contact mupen64 programmer to help him fix this problem and i know for sure mupen64 programmer knows how to fix it . By the way I am not s native speaker and my writing sometime isn't clear. 

5 minutes ago, Goodmango said:

I meant launch box . Launch box must be updated to support new Android storage requirements. All new updates for all emulators will use new storage path if they want to continue on Play store . This new update made front end apps non usable .  Launch box programmer couldn't figure out how to fix this problem . But there is other front end app that fixed this problem . My advice for launch box programmer is to contact mupen64 programmer to help him fix this problem and i know for sure mupen64 programmer knows how to fix it . By the way I am not s native speaker and my writing sometime isn't clear. 

This will also most likely break everything!! Please be aware of things.

7 minutes ago, Goodmango said:

The new requirements break programs passing content to them.

I'm utilizing another front end and It is dispatching mupen64 and PPSSPP games on my Android 11 gadget . The developer of this front end presently attempting to fix redream and Yaba sanshiro emulators by reaching their software engineers to assist him with tackling this issue.

• 9 months later...