LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem using Community Creator, grid keeps moving and resizing whenever I do anything.

Steams71

I've just started using the Community creator tool a couple of days ago. I'm trying to create a simple theme for my 5:4 display (OK it's actually a 4;3 theme, but close enough for me), anyway, I've createed a TextGamesView page for my games, I've placed all the UI elemnets as I want to, hoiwever, I'm getting a problem where the grid on the right hand, side that contains the game text details etc. of the page keeps moving and reformatting itself everytime I do something. It doesn't matter what I do, change a font size in a different grid for example, the right hand grid moves and screws up my formatting everytime!  It's getting really annoying, I've even had it change when it saved. Am I doing something wrong?  Help...

Forgot to mention, it's also resizing and moving both the video and cover image as well. These elements are in a different grid.

Second Pic is how I want it to look, first is what's happening to me.

PS. Aspect ratio is set at 4:3

problem 1 BBC.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Steams71
more info

Hard to say what's going on there. You able to provide your creator files, or post a pic of all your elements?

Btw, if your screen is 5:4, I'd recommend you set the aspect ratio to Stretch in the end. That way it will fill up your screen properly. Although it does make it harder when building the theme if you are not building it on your 5:4 monitor.

On 11/26/2021 at 9:16 AM, Steams71 said:

I've just started using the Community creator tool a couple of days ago. I'm trying to create a simple theme for my 5:4 display (OK it's actually a 4;3 theme, but close enough for me), anyway, I've createed a TextGamesView page for my games, I've placed all the UI elemnets as I want to, hoiwever, I'm getting a problem where the grid on the right hand, side that contains the game text details etc. of the page keeps moving and reformatting itself everytime I do something. It doesn't matter what I do, change a font size in a different grid for example, the right hand grid moves and screws up my formatting everytime!  It's getting really annoying, I've even had it change when it saved. Am I doing something wrong?  Help...

Forgot to mention, it's also resizing and moving both the video and cover image as well. These elements are in a different grid.

Second Pic is how I want it to look, first is what's happening to me.

PS. Aspect ratio is set at 4:3

problem 1 BBC.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Maybe use one grid and make it full screen.  Place all your objects inside the grid.  I think the uneven text lengths of the wheel is what is throwing your formatting off.

Rob