LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME startup xaml not firing with MAME game launch

ksherfinski

Yeah, my names exactly match.  It's really weird because I have a "console" category with some of the same playlists and they all work as expected.  Can you think of any other settings that could interfere with the startup theme only for certain categories?  Seems like that's not possible, since it's just searching for the matching xaml file, as you mentioned in a previous post.  This is a real head scratcher. 

Not really sure. I tested making a Mame platform in LB and then a custom Mame.xml in a Startup theme and no issues. Even have Mame platform located under Arcade Platform Category. There is not a setting that would mess with it. Does it not show a startup at all for Mame?

If you switch to the Default Startup does it at least show a startup then?

none of the mame stuff works.  I tried a different startup theme and even copied a known working xaml to "mame.xaml".  I can get a bunch of other platforms under the Arcade category, like Sammy Atomiswave, Naomi, Sega Model 2/3...but nothing that uses MAME.  I'll try the default startup to verify something didn't get corrupted.  Thanks for looking at this.  I'll let you know if i can figure out what's going on.