LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Data Error

Teknofear

I've suddenly received this Launchbox loading error - 

"It appears that your Launchbox\Data\Platforms.xml is corrupt; Launchbox cannot continue. Please try restoring a backup of the file from the backups folder inside you Launchbox root folder.

The 'MediaType' start tag on line 15853 position 6 does not match the end of 'Platform' line 15853, position 34"

The issue I have is that the backup Platforms.xml is over a year old and is a different size to my current Platforms.xml (718KB and 894KB). I'm just reaching out for another way to repair/restore the .xml without losing a ton of Data in the process.

Thank you in advance.

You can try to open the existing file and see if you can identify the error. You will have to understand how each section should begin and end. Typically each section will begin with an item inside <> and the section ends with that same item inside </>

Such as:

<Platform>

</Platform>

If you can compare to other similar sections you may be able to see what is wrong.

This is a good reason to make sure you have LB backups turned on as it makes on on each open and each close.