LaunchBox Community Forums

Requests

tribe fan

Been using LB/BB for a few years now after migrating from HyperSpin and I must say it has surpassed it in nearly every way possible. I'm not sure if this is the right place to make feature requests, but here it goes:

1.) Now that we're seeing greater RetroArch integration into the frontend, I think an awesome feature would be the option to toggle automatic checkpoints (i.e., auto save state). A screen grab could be used to reference the last saved point and you could select it from the LB/BB menu or when booting the game. I'm thinking something similar to what's available on the NES/SNES Classic consoles.

2.) It would be cool if the LB downloader could give you the choice of art assets to use for the various media categories before it grabs them. As an example, when downloading 3D box art for SNES, by default, the downloader grabs the commonly circulated images. However, I later discovered another set (by SupraKarma) that I find far superior. I ended up downloading it from EmuMovies and manually integrating it. It would be awesome (and save a lot of time) if LB allowed you to preview the two different assets before choosing which one to download. There's so many alternate assets to the default sets floating out there in the wild. HyperSpin always forced you to go on a treasure hunt to find the best of everything. It would be so cool if LB pooled them all into one location, organized them by category, and allowed you to choose which ones to download.

Just a couple ideas. Absolutely love this software and the vibrant, active community behind it. Keep up the awesome work.

2 hours ago, tribe fan said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to make feature requests

At the top of the page you can click "Help & Support" and then "Request a Feature" and do it there.

2 hours ago, tribe fan said:

1.) Now that we're seeing greater RetroArch integration into the frontend, I think an awesome feature would be the option to toggle automatic checkpoints (i.e., auto save state). A screen grab could be used to reference the last saved point and you could select it from the LB/BB menu or when booting the game. I'm thinking something similar to what's available on the NES/SNES Classic consoles.

We don't have anything to automatically take a save state, and depending on the users set up you wouldn't want to (those trying to earn hardcore cheevo's can't use them). You can however save and load save states via the Pause Menu. That being said we don't have any way currently to display a screenshot of the save state, but that's an interesting suggestion (though not sure what RA allows us to do in that regard).

In regard to #2 feel free to check out our Download section. We have quite a large collection of art sets to serve that purpose. Most assume you are using No-Intro rom set in regard to naming though and so if you aren't it may be a bit more difficult to integrate them into your collection.