LaunchBox Community Forums

bootPath for AetherSX2 (and other maybe)

GabiAle97

On 12/17/2021 at 12:35 PM, GabiAle97 said:

So, I was searching for a way to launch games automatically from a frontend (launchbox in this case) on Android 11 and has no luck...

But found that the problem itself comes in the path given on ROM path key (value "bootPath"), that doesn't coincide with the path expected on the emulator.

An example: 

bootPath from LaunchBox: "/storage/emulated/0/Games/PS2/EFMI.chd"

bootPath expected on AetherSX2: "content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/primary%3AGames%2FPS2/document/primary%3AGames%2FPS2%2FEFMI.chd"

running from a PC this command, launch the game automatically: adb shell am start -n xyz.aethersx2.android/xyz.aethersx2.android.EmulationActivity --es "bootPath" "content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/primary%3AGames%2FPS2/document/primary%3AGames%2FPS2%2FEFMI.chd"

So it maybe can be fixed with not so much effort.

There's a chance to solve this problem on future updates? Or there's a way for users to define how is this bootPath composing?

can you help me do that with real 3do player v1.0.26? android 7

Edited by testies

To bring this thread back on track, I spoke with Tahlreth, the AetherSX2 developer a few days ago. I was as careful and polite as I could have possibly been, but unfortunately he has no interest in supporting frontends or allowing frontends to launch games in AetherSX2. He ended the conversation with "I might just make the activities private next update", suggesting that he is going to completely disable any chance of frontends launching games at all.

So unfortunately that is bad news, but it is his choice if he does not want frontends to be able to launch games in AetherSX2. From what I can tell, his reasoning is that he wants users to use his user interface only, and does not want it to be hidden or bypassed by a frontend.

So, for now, we have to give up on supporting AetherSX2.

• The Cake is a Lie 1

• 4 months later...

I am encountering a similar issue on android 10 with ppsspp.  doing some digging and not finding cpu emulation settings either.  iso files simply unreadable.  Not sure if this relates or not to the problems with android 11

Edited by leetspork

6 hours ago, leetspork said:

I am encountering a similar issue on android 10 with ppsspp.  doing some digging and not finding cpu emulation settings either.  iso files simply unreadable.  Not sure if this relates or not to the problems with android 11

PPSSPP does work great on Android 11 (and 12+). However, you do have to add your ROM folder in PPSSPP and let it scan your ROMs before LaunchBox can launch the games.