LaunchBox Community Forums

Running scripts not working on launchbox 12.6.

Soomin papa

On Lunchbox 12.5 the running script worked fine.

However, after updating to Launchbox 12.6 version, the running script does not work at all.

I made a running script to implement a hotkey as a combination of pressing the select button and the rest of the buttons.
This was a feature that gave me satisfaction.

But now it doesn't work at all.

Running scripts on all platforms I've made don't work at all.

My scripts worked fine before the Launchbox update.

running script bug.jpg

Edited by Soomin papa

Have you reverted to the prior version to confirm it still works in 12.5?

Not seeing any issues with any Running AHK on either the latest stable build or the current betas.

I would recommend going into your \Updates folder and running the installer for 12.5. Install over the existing build and test. Make sure when you reinstall to confirm the folder it is installing to. Many users do not pay attention to that and it ends up installing into a subfolder \LaunchBox\LaunchBox.

23 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Not seeing any issues with any Running AHK on either the latest stable build or the current betas.

I would recommend going into your \Updates folder and running the installer for 12.5. Install over the existing build and test. Make sure when you reinstall to confirm the folder it is installing to. Many users do not pay attention to that and it ends up installing into a subfolder \LaunchBox\LaunchBox.

I found a clue that the running script doesn't work.

Originally I used the Gamesir T1S gamepad for the first time. This is recognized as an xbox360 pad in the default xinput.

And the script worked fine when using launchbox with this.

But the problem seems to have occurred since I connected the arcade joystick with the gamepad.

My arcade joystick is called Joytron All in one arcade E1.

I have used this joystick by switching the input mode to D-input mode, PS3 mode, and X-input mode.

After that, the script doesn't work on the gamepad.

And, the script works only on the Joytron E1 joystick.

This was the case with Launchbox 12.4 as well as 12.5 and 12.6.

The bottom line is that AHK doesn't recognize gamepad input, it only recognizes joystick input.

I just found out after testing this.

my gamepad_joystick.jpg

On 12/19/2021 at 11:31 PM, Retro808 said:

I reinstalled windows and running script works again on my gamepad (xbox360 mode).
However, it remains to be seen whether running script behavior is compromised when a gamepad and joystick are used together.
thank you.