LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Pause AHK Scripting

tribe fan

Hello,

I am needing a little help. I am using RocketLauncher as my default emulator (mostly for familiarity, bezels and I prefer the way it handles fade). However, I much prefer LaunchBox's Game Pause feature. I find it much more responsive and way easier to set up than RocketLauncher's Pause. I want to be able to integrate save states into the pause menu. Since I mostly use RetroArch for emulation, I thought I could just add an ahk script into the RocketLauncer Save State Script option in LaunchBox to send the RetroArch save/load state hotkeys.

Save State Script: Send {F2}

Load State Script: Send {F4}

It doesn't seem to be working though. I'm wondering if there is some kind of conflict with RocketLauncher. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Never mind I got it working. Don't know why I didn't think of this, but I just copied the save/load state scripts from the RetroArch Pause menu options. Working great now.

Another issue I'm running into is that saving/loading states from LaunchBox pause seems to break RocketLauncher's fade out when exiting the game. Probably some kind of conflict. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Edit:

Now that I play with it more, it seems that any activity in LaunchBox's Pause feature breaks RocketLauncher's fade out. It's not a huge deal. I'm still able to close out of games, but it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to fix. Seems like a focus issue (maybe) that could be fixed with custom scripting.

Edited by tribe fan

12 minutes ago, tribe fan said:

Never mind I got it working. Didn't know why I didn't think of this, but I just copied the save/load state scripts from the RetroArch Pause menu options. Working great now.

Another issue I'm running into is that saving/loading states from LaunchBox pause seems to break RocketLauncher's fade out when exiting the game. Probably some kind of conflict. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Edit:

Now that I play with it more, it seems that any activity in LaunchBox's Pause feature breaks RocketLauncher's fade out. It's not a huge deal. I'm still able to close out of games, but it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to fix. Seems like a focus issue (maybe) that could be fixed with custom scripting.

Doubtful anything will be looked at with regards to this. Well, at least not anytime soon. It has been recommended from the implementation of both LB Startups and Pause features to not use RL Fades or Pause if you are using the LB options..

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Doubtful anything will be looked at with regards to this. Well, at least not anytime soon. It has been recommended from the implementation of both LB Startups and Pause features to not use RL Fades or Pause if you are using the LB options..

I definitely figured that. I think most people who are using RL are using it for all its features and support for any overlap would be thin at best. I liked the concept of RL's Pause, but I think its implementation was so cumbersome it rendered it mostly useless to me. To me, LB nailed the Pause feature (minimalist and responsive).