LaunchBox Community Forums

naomi.zip bios file not found

SlowNinja

I've been playing Dreamcast on LaunchBox using RetroArch but for some reason it stopped. I made sure to uncheck the "exctrat" box on the associated tab, but it still didn't run. I tried running it on RetroArch and now it's not running there either. I'm now getting a "cannot load BIOS from naomi.zip"

image.thumb.png.b37ca10e6cf702d490c268e288139553.png error message. Any suggestions?

Redream does not support Naomi games. As for the original post, the error is clearly your bios, either it is missing completely, or you are missing specific files within it. If you load the core in Retroarch and head to the information section it will tell you what bios are required, and if it see's them or not. You need the naomi.zip bios, i would guess the most recent one from the current MAME romset is the one the core would want, so even if you have bios it may be old and out of date, This is the contents of the naomi.zip from the 0.236 MAME romset, which is the newest set i have.

image.thumb.png.e1ec8e81ebcb52e508342994252a4f03.png

3 hours ago, SlowNinja said:

Thank you for the help. I switched over to Redream as suggested and it's working. I'm still going to try and get RetroArch to work over the holiday. Thanks again!

This RetroArch docs page lists all the bioses you need for arcade emulation with the Flycast core. Like neil9000 mentioned, the easiest way to find them is in a (recent) Mame romset. But google will do too. Just make sure the bioses are fairly recent and naomi.zip contains the romfiles listed in neil9000's screenshot. Place the bios files (zipped) in the RetroArch\system\dc\ folder.