LaunchBox Community Forums

All emulators extremely laggy when launched via LaunchBox until I alt+tab out and back in

skinlab133

If I launch a rom directly from RetroArch I have no issues. However, when using LaunchBox when the roms load I have to hit alt+tab a couple of times and then the lag/stutter/crackling will go away and everything will run fine. I don't understand this at all. It's a weak system (j4125) and LaunchBox is very slow in general, but the emulators themselves run fine unless I launch them through LB.  

Edited by skinlab133

• skinlab133 changed the title to All emulators extremely laggy when launched via LaunchBox until I alt+tab out and back in
10 hours ago, shadowfire36 said:

sorry, but what emulators are we talking about ???

Any core I choose in RetroArch. Evidently something is causing the FPS to tank and it doesn't recover unless I alt+tab or even hit the Windows key. I dunno, I'm going to end up returning the machine anyway and look for something a little more powerful overall. 

On 1/4/2022 at 12:19 PM, skinlab133 said:

Any core I choose in RetroArch. Evidently something is causing the FPS to tank and it doesn't recover unless I alt+tab or even hit the Windows key. I dunno, I'm going to end up returning the machine anyway and look for something a little more powerful overall. 

have you checked to make sure your each of your  cores are running at the correct frame rates ? a lot of issues i came across with retroarch is not setting the proper frame rate , normally it will auto-set to you monitors frame rate and modern hardware is at 60fps @ 1080p... try adjusting let say the nes core to a default of 1920x1080 @ 30fps  ... that usually will correct the issue 

snip.PNG

Edited by shadowfire36

Be careful setting the frame rate too low as it will usually cause audio stuttering issues since RetroArch does it's best to make sure the audio stays synced to the video. Because you're rendering so slow it has to stop the audio until the video catches up and the results are far from desirable.