LaunchBox Community Forums

Metadeta / Custom Fields .. how do you delete an entry?

Dybdal

Hey everyone.
I've got abit of an issue with Custom Fields inside the Metadata editor.

I've tried to locate the XML location of these entries but without any luck.
now im stuck with a "test" field inside Custom Fields that shows up for each and every game in my database
and that is less than ideal.

Anyone that knows where the XML is located? or any other way to permanently delete a data point inside Custom Fields?

The data is located in the bottom of that platforms xml file. The easiest way to get rid of the field across your whole library is to select a sidebar filter that selects all the games in your library, then select all items in the content grid (Ctrl-A works) then right click and select Edit (can also press Ctrl-E) to open the Bulk Edit Wizard. When you get to the page that asks you to pick the field select your custom field then leave the "Value" box blank and apply the changes. This will remove the field from your library without the need to manually alter xml files.

• Like 1
  • Unusual Gem 1