LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox - freezes after game exit

breite07

Hello,

The following happens for every Bigbox themes (tried around 7) and different versions of mame (tried around 3):

I start a game in Mame using Big Box - no issues.

Game is responsive to all commands (as configured in Mame UI). So I can play the game fine.

Select "UI Cancel" configured button to stop game (exit MAME) and return to Big Box. That seems to work OK.

Big Box goes back to game screen but video of game is FROZEN and Big Box is no longer responsive.

Based on similar thread feedback back in 2017,

***I have both checked and unchecked Hide Task Bar but it doesn't seem to matter.

***I am not using Keyboard Automation

Any ideas? I basically have to reboot big box every time after playing a game in order to select a new one.

Thank you!

So certain things for me cause that isue, when i run visual pinball, sometimes when i exit, bigbox is frozen. No inputs work, cant navigate and videos arnt moving. But if i right click with a mouse on to the monitor that has big box goin, it goes back to normal. Its a wierd focus isue that ive worked around. Sometimes manualy adding a exit scrypt in launchbox helps too. Hope this helps