LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows.xml corrupt (during install)

CadetStimpy

I recently rebuilt my PC, and while installing LaunchBox v12.6 (which was working fine before the rebuild), I get this error during Installation:

1926194949_LaunchBoxError.jpg.a83508c1a25e21c485415ef570eb748c.jpg

It's not in the Backups Folder:

462623386_LaunchBoxError2.thumb.jpg.f3af2c79418ad375fe18727327fa13a8.jpg

I downloaded the Setup file a couple more times, in case the download was corrupt, but same result every time.

I run the Setup as Administrator.

Any ideas to resolve this?  Thanks.

Mike

Never need to run any of our products as administrator to make them work and in fact typically it causes issues. If you look at your second image the Windows.xml file would be located in the Platforms folder, could you look in there and see if it is, and if so can copy it over to your LaunchBox\Data\Platforms directory to see if it resolves your issue.

Thanks, C-Beats!

NOT right-clicking and running as Administrator worked.  I didn't even need to monkey with that XML file.  That's baffling me, as I've always done it that way, with success.  Plus, my account on this PC is an Administrator Account, so I thought anything I ran was being run as Administrator, anyway.  But, I can't deny the successful results! 👍

U B da Man - the Kool-Aid Man! 🙂

Thanks again, C-Beats!

Mike (aka Cadet Stimpy)