LaunchBox Community Forums

Changing main image for ONE game

superdavit

I have my images set to display the front cover.  However, a few games don't have a "front cover" and therefore, it displays an awkward image instead.  I've downloaded a bunch of images through the games database automatically.  So I'm wondering, how do I change ONE game's image to something else??

I feel like an easy fix would be to have a small box in the corner for every image.  And whatever is checked would become the default image.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm wondering this myself.

What I have found is that if you go to the edit and metadata for the single game and then go to images, you can actually select one of the images you do have and change the image type for that game.

So for example if you only have a game screenshot but your other games are 3D boxes then you can change the screenshot to show as a 3D box. Not ideal but it does work.

I do have my concerns about whether this will have any impact when I have do my BigBox setup though.

The most efficient/effective way would be to use LB Image Priorities. This will allow you to set fallback images to use in absence of your primary image. You can select as many backup images as you would and prioritize their order.

In LB >Tools >Options you will see the Image Priorities for several image types. Select the images and then you can use the "Move Selected" buttons to individually move an image type up and down in the order you want them.

For example:

If you have 3D Box Front as your primary Image. You can select Box Front as a back up and say Clear Logo as a second backup. If a game is missing a 3D Box it will display the Box Front and if it is also missing Box Front it will then look for Clear Logo. Good thing about this is if you eventually add the missing image you do not need to change any settings. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 10.05.07 AM.png

• 2 years later...

Unfortunately, this is only a LB Premium feature. I've been digging around to solve this problem for about an hour and I've concluded this is the only way. Too bad, such a simple settings feature locked behind a paywall.