LaunchBox Community Forums

[MAME] Bootleg rom of Street Fighter II´ not importing

exodus_cl

I'm reinstalling the MAME romset on my arcade machine and I realised that the bootleg roms of Street Fighter II: Champion Edition are not being imported, I wanted to play the M7 version and is not available.

I'm using MAME 0.238 with the corresponding romset and I'm on the latest version of Launchbox.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I tried importing the romset without using the regular MAME importer and checking the "force the use of MAME metadata..." option, but I get no additional apps at all when using that method.

Edited by exodus_cl

• 2 weeks later...

Update: tried to manually add a SF2 game and searched for LB metadata. Turns out LB only has meta for a couple arcade vers of SF2. The one I got that worked is Super SF2 Turbo, but I still had to unzip it and add the DL-1425.bin to the resulting folder and import the rom as a folder. Then everything worked.

Hope this helps someone.

2 hours ago, BothEyesShut said:

Update: tried to manually add a SF2 game and searched for LB metadata. Turns out LB only has meta for a couple arcade vers of SF2. The one I got that worked is Super SF2 Turbo, but I still had to unzip it and add the DL-1425.bin to the resulting folder and import the rom as a folder. Then everything worked.

Hope this helps someone.

Just tested a few random SF2 roms and it works fine.

First thing, if you have to add any files to your zipped rom then you do not have a proper rom/rom set. It is best not do download random single rom files from sites as this is typically why users end up having to add files to a zip. Get a proper rom set so you ensure all your roms work with the version of Mame you are using. Also you should not import mame roms as a folder. If you are adding individual games you need to add the zip as Mame only works with zip file. Also if importing bootlegs or prototypes you need to uncheck those options in the image below (second pic).

Quick images of just dragging and dropping bootlegs of SF2 Champions Edition, SSF2 X Grand Master Challenge, and SSF2 The New Challengers.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 1.56.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 2.18.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 2.19.09 PM.png