LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box crashes after some time

Wassindabox

I'm having a very weird issue with Launchbox where it stays on in attract mode but after 32-ish hours, it will just quit and go to desktop. No error codes or anything like that. It just goes straight to desktop.

I grabbed logs for this and the only thing that stands out is:

" 2022-02-01 08:08:11 PM EXCEPTION IGNORED: Could not load file or assembly 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows, Version=10.11.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=97d6238f04304129'. The system cannot find the path specified.
   at Ao.Bigbox.ViewModels.AbstractSelectionVMP.OnSelectionChanged(FilterType filterType, String filterValue, IPlatform platform, IPlatformCategory category, IPlaylist playlist, IGame game)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.ChildViewModelBase.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.SetupDrivenAuthentication()"

attaching the log file to my ticket Debug 2022-01-31 11-40-34 AM.log

2 minutes ago, Wassindabox said:

I'm having a very weird issue with Launchbox where it stays on in attract mode but after 32-ish hours, it will just quit and go to desktop. No error codes or anything like that. It just goes straight to desktop.

I grabbed logs for this and the only thing that stands out is:

" 2022-02-01 08:08:11 PM EXCEPTION IGNORED: Could not load file or assembly 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows, Version=10.11.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=97d6238f04304129'. The system cannot find the path specified.
   at Ao.Bigbox.ViewModels.AbstractSelectionVMP.OnSelectionChanged(FilterType filterType, String filterValue, IPlatform platform, IPlatformCategory category, IPlaylist playlist, IGame game)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.ChildViewModelBase.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.SetupDrivenAuthentication()"

attaching the log file to my ticket Debug 2022-01-31 11-40-34 AM.log

Are you using a custom theme? I see "Ao.Bigbox..... in that error, i think that is a plugin that some themes use, that hasnt been updated in years, so this may be a theme specific bug.

Just now, neil9000 said:

Are you using a custom theme? I see "Ao.Bigbox..... in that error, i think that is a plugin that some themes use, that hasnt been updated in years, so this may be a theme specific bug.

i am actually.. I have the colors theme. I'll swap up to the default one and report back. TY! 

I would also check for FLV videos in your media. FLV video files have been known to cause this issue in Attract Mode. Custom themes did not seem to affect it either. There is a long running thread where some users identified this video file type caused their crashes when in Attract Mode. I had the issue as well and removing those videos stopped the crashes.