LaunchBox Community Forums

Video's not playing in Android

Slpstrm

For some reason I can't get video's to play on Android I've selected download video's in the options and have it video playback selected also but they are not playing.

Also there are no folders for video's in the relevant system folders.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong ???

2 hours ago, zugswang said:

Videos don't work on the android version of Launchbox currently.

Yes they do.

3 hours ago, Slpstrm said:

For some reason I can't get video's to play on Android I've selected download video's in the options and have it video playback selected also but they are not playing.

Also there are no folders for video's in the relevant system folders.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong ???

Do you have a paid premium subscription to emumovies? You need that to scrape videos.

17 minutes ago, Rbrtolz0 said:

That is so stupid. A lot of us already have hundreds of snaps already downloaded. Why can't we just create a videos folder and transfer them there.

You can, absolutely. Just name them by the name of the game and put them in the LaunchBox\Videos\[Platform Name] folder. Or, you can use LaunchBox for Windows on the desktop to export your collection. Lots of options. Not dumb.

• 4 months later...
On 7/10/2022 at 4:54 PM, galewind said:

Is there any way to create a Launchbox setting per platform to allow us to point the media folder for that platform to our existing media folders rather than to have to copy all media over into the launchbox app folder?  

This was actually added recently in the form of the "Change ROMs Folder Path" option. But even before this you could already import ROMs from anywhere on your device.

On 7/14/2022 at 5:12 PM, galewind said:

Is there a way for it to connect media within a subfolder (videos, box  art, etc) to those files if the names match identically?

Sort of, but none of that has been fleshed out yet. If you put the media files in the right folders and name them exactly as LaunchBox expects, then it will pick up those media files on import. That means that if you want to pick up a bunch of existing media files, you can delete the platform (without deleting media) and re-import it and it should pick those files up, but only if they're named exactly as LaunchBox expects. We will add a process to make this smoother in the future, but it's probably a ways off.

• 2 months later...
On 7/14/2022 at 7:24 PM, Jason Carr said:

This was actually added recently in the form of the "Change ROMs Folder Path" option. But even before this you could already import ROMs from anywhere on your device.

Hi

I was searching for this similar issue. I have a bunch of video snaps of games from Hyperspin already on my Nvidia Shield so I wanted Launchbox to share the same video directory as it does for the ROM directory. I see when I'm in the Android Launchbox, I can click on a game's "Edit Media" option, go down to "Video", then choose "Browse for New MP4 video", browse to my Hyperspin directory of videos for that specific game, but once I select that, Launchbox COPIES that video into it's default videos folder for that platform. It doesn't simply link to that directory like it does for the "Change ROMs Folder Path" option. 

Initially, I thought I could use Launchbox PC and "export to Android", but it'll also copy ALL the ROMs again along with the video when it makes that Export folder for Android Launchbox. Sure, I could just delete those ROM videos, but it's almost 200GBs worth of games between all the platforms. I'd like to be able to not have to duplicate all my games just for the sake of getting the video previews if I can avoid it.

Tried editing the video path in the XML for the platform to link to my Hyperspin video directory like the below example:

<AndroidVideoPath>Videos/Atari Lynx/Warbirds (USA, Europe).mp4</AndroidVideoPath>

to

<AndroidVideoPath>Storage/8866-2437/Hyperspin/Media/Atari Lynx/Video/Warbirds (USA, Europe).mp4</AndroidVideoPath>

But that didn't work. Once I restarted Launchbox, all the videos for the games were blank. Would be great if we could redirect the video path folder under Android like we can do for the ROMs.

Any ideas?

So I found a work-around to keep the Android export from copying the game files over with all the other media. Since I had the ROMs in a USB flash drive but Launchbox and all the platform data on my desktop harddrive, all I had to do was disconnect the flash drive with all the ROMs. I re-opened Launchbox on the PC, ran the "Export to Android", and it copied over everything I needed without the ROM files. 👍

• Like 1