LaunchBox Community Forums

A few questions about database matching

Disco Lando

How does LB pair ROM files to database entries? If I change the folder structure for a ROM set or rename the roms, is there a way I can rescan the parent directory to re-match those files with previously downloaded media?

Is there a way to tell which ROMs for a system exist in the LB database but that I do not have? Or a way to tell which ROM files haven't resulted in a match?

ROM imports will attempt to match based on the file name (although this can differ depending on the import method you use and the type of game you are importing). When parsing, it will ignore the parts of the file name that are in parathesis, and use that information in other parts of your metadata (like version and region).

If you use the Audit tool, there's a column for LaunchBox Games Database ID. If there was a match, then you'll have something in that column.

If a game was not matched, you would have to Edit the game and adjust the title and press the Search for Metadata button to see if it can find a match.