LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator - Random Things

CathMowr

Hello everyone,

I am trying to wrap my head around the Community Theme Creator and thought the forums might be the place to get a couple of answers. I hope this is the right thread, if not please put it where it belongs. So, lets get started.

- So i figured out that the Text Games View seems to be the last page before jumping into a game via the wheel. A little like the Game Details Panel in LB can be your last step before booting software. I then tried to find out which view in the editor correlates with which page in BB and for the love of whatever i could not wrap my head around it. I colour coded every view and exported it to BB to see what goes where and.. nothing. PlattformWheel1Filters seems to be the corresponding View for the Platforms/Platform Categorie/Playlist Page but everything else from there - Genres/Devs/Pubs - stays standard. 

Is there some kind of documentation anywhere which View influences which section of Big Box? If not, please help!

- Representing Metadata that i stored via LB works like a charm. Straightforward, wonderful. Funny enough when i tried to represent platforms and and platform categories with clear logos there were already some present. I then tried to find out where their directory is and found them somewhere deeeeeep inside the Launchbox Folder. Ok cool i thought, so is the same possible with developer logos? I use the game logos in my Text Game Views and want to build kind of the same view when selecting a dev or publisher. I am so confused because i cant make out the logic of where goes what.

- Ah yeah. Something in the same vein. I have Platform notes but can not figure out where they are stored. Help.

- In the Default theme of Big Box there is this very neat "Recents" block that shows items you interacted with recently. Can i build this with the theme creator? I checked out the theme components template inside the creator but found nothing that gave me a clue. Same goes with playing around with the elements in "edit view"..

So those are my questions after 1 day of fiddling around with the creator and I want to say : THANK YOU @y2guru for making this piece of software. I could not wrap my head around writing xaml for developing themes and this creator puts so much power in my hands!  A thousand thank yous again and also to everyone who helped build this. Please do not stop pushing this forward, this is the key for non coding people in participating in the great thing that is launchbox.

All the best to you people!

Edited by CathMowr

1 hour ago, CathMowr said:

Hello everyone,

I am trying to wrap my head around the Community Theme Creator and thought the forums might be the place to get a couple of answers. I hope this is the right thread, if not please put it where it belongs. So, lets get started.

- So i figured out that the Text Games View seems to be the "lowest" page before jumping into a game via the wheel. A little like the Game Details Panel in LB.

Text Filters View seems to regulate my View of the platforms and platform categories. Which View is the layout for Playlists, Genres, Devs, Publishers, Series, Statuses, Sources and Ratings? Whatever

I put something in Platform Wheel1Filters View and it seems to overwrite Platform and Platform categories? What?

Is there some kind of documentation anywhere which View influences which section of Big Box?

- Representing Metadata that i stored via LB works like a charm. Straightforward, wonderful. Funny enough when i tried to represent platforms and and platform categories with clear logos there were already some present. I then tried to find out where their directory is and found them somewhere deeeeeep inside the Launchbox Folder. Ok cool i thought, so is the same possible with developer logos? I use the game logos in my Text Game Views and want to build kind of the same view when selecting a dev or publisher. I am so confused because i cant make out the logic of where goes what.

- Ah yeah. Something in the same vein. I have Platform notes but can not figure out where they are stored. Help.

- In the Default theme of Big Box there is this very neat "Recents" block that shows items you interacted with recently. Can i build this with the theme creator? I checked out the theme components template inside the creator but found nothing that gave me a clue. Same goes with playing around with the elements in "edit view"..

So those are my questions after 1 day of fiddling around with the creator and I want to say : THANK YOU @y2guru for making this piece of software. I could not wrap my head around writing xaml for developing themes and this creator puts so much power in my hands!  A thousand thank yous again and also to everyone who helped build this. Please do not stop pushing this forward, this is the key for non coding people in participating in the great thing that is launchbox.

All the best to you people!

Perhaps @faeran can go over these in a separate video or point you to some of his previous theme workshop videos 

• Like 1