LaunchBox Community Forums

Basic Questions About Editing Theme Views (Scrolling Details Text, Removing/Resizing Images)

Xngears

One of the things I obsess over in choosing a theme is how I'll find a view I really like, but it's missing the scrolling game details. In this example, I wanted to see if I could take the scrolling game details text from Vertical Wheel 1 (first Xenoblade 2 screen) and have it scroll on Vertical Wheel 4 (second Xenoblade 2 screen, which has a full video shot but not the game details on the bottom like in the first screen).

I also wanted to know if I could hide the game box displayed on the Fantasia image, so it doesn't obscure the background image. Or even move around the placement of the video and game box. I can never seem to find a decently-arranged screen that doesn't obscure the fan-art/official art background with either the game box or video. There are also some cases where I find the video box too small while everything else is fine.

I know we have CTC, but I wanted to check first if this was something I could easily set in the theme settings/options before messing around with that program.

lb1.png

lb2.png

lb3.png

lb4.png

lb5.png

You would have to edit the code in the view xaml file for each of those to affect the change. They are pretty simple to do.

In your first example it would require a few more things than just adding the scrolling notes. The easiest thing to do is open both views xml files and compare them. You could likely copy the bottom glass bar elements from the Vertical Wheel 1 into the Vertical Wheel 4. So go into Wheel 1 and copy the "Bottom Glass Bar" line of code as well as all the metadata elements (Developer, Genre, Scrolling Notes, etc...) and replace all those same elements in the Wheel 4 (of course scrolling notes will be an addition). It would be best to do this as simply adding the scrolling notes would not work as nice since the glass bar in Wheel 4 is not as thick as in Wheel 1.

In your second example you would just need to open that view and look for the line of code for the Box art and delete it.  Keep in mind though you cannot alter the "Default" theme. It will always revert back. You have to copy the "Default" theme and then rename it something you want. Then you can alter that one.

• 2 weeks later...