LaunchBox Community Forums

Device images for playlists?

Right now the only way I can make it so that a console image shows up when a platform playlist is selected is by copying the device image and adding the playlist name to the filename, which is *really* not economical since it would require making a huge number of unnecessary duplicate images. Is there some way to get an image to default to the system base device for playlists?

Screenshot (9).jpg

Screenshot (10).jpg

The ways I'd know to do what you're asking to do basically requiring you using the static image and referencing to it if the playlist name contains the platform string in it.

Pseudo-logic would be like

IF PlaylistName CONTAINS "Nintendo Entertainment System" THEN
     Use image
ELSE
     Don't

Won't be as clean of a solution but fairly certain you can do it with CTC visibility filters.

9 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

The ways I'd know to do what you're asking to do basically requiring you using the static image and referencing to it if the playlist name contains the platform string in it.

Pseudo-logic would be like

IF PlaylistName CONTAINS "Nintendo Entertainment System" THEN
     Use image
ELSE
     Don't

Won't be as clean of a solution but fairly certain you can do it with CTC visibility filters.

Would there be any way to make the image dynamic, then, also using that condition? Rather than stacking static images for each and every individual system?

Edited by Disco Lando

I was ultimately able to work around this problem by duplicating the device images to the Background Overrides fanart folders in the theme I'm working on, then setting the image to Metadata: Fan art. Now the default system device images continue to be displayed as I navigate through the sub-playlists.

Workaround.jpg