LaunchBox Community Forums

Play time counter problem

polaco

Hello everyone, I am having a problem with some steam games, they just don't count the played time, or some of them just stopped to count. For example American Truck Simulator just count 2 seconds and then stop, even if I play for 1 hour. All emulated games works fine. Only some steam games, but I don't know why. Any ideas?

This is a known issue currently which is why we get your play time for Steam from Steam directly instead of using our own system. The play time tracker tracks how long the process we start is left open. Steam has that stupid little launching window that is the launching process instead of the game directly so the application thinks you closed the app 2s later and adjusts the time as such.

• Thanks 1

Really good information, then the problem is that I added manually my steams games, because the url import process was too difficult for me and didn't work. But as it is a problem with steam, there is not much to do, also at least the steam still register my game play time, so that is okay, I can edit manually later on the launchbox files. Thank you for the support mate. 

1 hour ago, polaco said:

Really good information, then the problem is that I added manually my steams games, because the url import process was too difficult for me and didn't work. But as it is a problem with steam, there is not much to do, also at least the steam still register my game play time, so that is okay, I can edit manually later on the launchbox files. Thank you for the support mate. 

Just curious if you've already watched this video showing how to add your steam games into LaunchBox using the wizard?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, faeran said:

Just curious if you've already watched this video showing how to add your steam games into LaunchBox using the wizard?

Woow thank you very much, I had some troubles about url, but I managed it now! My games finally shows the correct play time and also the steam achievements! I feel complete now hahaha 

Thank you very much, I have no problems anymore.