LaunchBox Community Forums

New BigBox themes vs Arcade Games poor performance!

soqueroeu

I think there is some performance issue with these new BigBox themes and any arcade games lists. The problem is that switching between games takes about 3 seconds.
I have no problems with old themes. It works just fine with BigCouch, CityHunter 2, Colorful and Defaut BigBox. Among the new ones I tested, the performance is poor with Pulse, Slipstream and Play Box 6. They all have the same problem navigating through arcade lists.

Anyone else with this problem? Is there anything to do?

On 3/12/2022 at 8:19 PM, soqueroeu said:

I think there is some performance issue with these new BigBox themes and any arcade games lists. The problem is that switching between games takes about 3 seconds.
I have no problems with old themes. It works just fine with BigCouch, CityHunter 2, Colorful and Defaut BigBox. Among the new ones I tested, the performance is poor with Pulse, Slipstream and Play Box 6. They all have the same problem navigating through arcade lists.

Anyone else with this problem? Is there anything to do?

Can you provide your machine specs and video of the performance problem. I tried my best to make Slipstream perform better, but there are some asset problems that I can't help. Some assets are just too big in size like fan art. Some of the images are png and over 2 mb. Loading these images can make the theme feel slow. In Slipstream there are few views that use fewer assets(no fan art), so you could try those.

9 hours ago, Juketsu said:

Can you provide your machine specs and video of the performance problem. I tried my best to make Slipstream perform better, but there are some asset problems that I can't help. Some assets are just too big in size like fan art. Some of the images are png and over 2 mb. Loading these images can make the theme feel slow. In Slipstream there are few views that use fewer assets(no fan art), so you could try those.

My Specs:
Ryzen 3 2200G
Nvidia GTX1050
16GB RAM 2400MHZ
LaunchBox installed in SSD.

I'll try to create a video showing the result at some point. It doesn't exactly seem to be a problem with images. Even populating the image cache I didn't notice any significant improvement. As I said, problem doesn't happen with console, handheld or PC game lists. But yes, just for arcade games, with the same bigbox theme. Older themes like the ones I mentioned earlier don't have the problem.