LaunchBox Community Forums

LB and BB mode - separated configurator ??

soqueroeu

Since the arrival of CTC, many new themes are coming out more frequently. I'm one of the users who likes to have more than one theme and I like to switch between different BB and LB themes.
I think Lauchbox developers should separate setup integration between LB and BB modes. In my opinion, what we do in LB mode, should stay in LB only. That's because we often have conflicting about preferences and priorities for images and videos between both modes.

@Jason Carr and all LaunchBox Team! Has anyone ever thought of this?

I'm not saying that the configuration editor for Big Box mode cannot exist via Windows, but if could be a separate configurator for each one, or one that allows you to choose which mode (LB or BB) the configuration would be applied to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 1:43 PM, soqueroeu said:

Since the arrival of CTC, many new themes are coming out more frequently. I'm one of the users who likes to have more than one theme and I like to switch between different BB and LB themes.
I think Lauchbox developers should separate setup integration between LB and BB modes. In my opinion, what we do in LB mode, should stay in LB only. That's because we often have conflicting about preferences and priorities for images and videos between both modes.

@Jason Carr and all LaunchBox Team! Has anyone ever thought of this?

I'm not saying that the configuration editor for Big Box mode cannot exist via Windows, but if could be a separate configurator for each one, or one that allows you to choose which mode (LB or BB) the configuration would be applied to.

We have definitely thought of this, but for most users, our experience shows that they want simplicity, and that would largely just be way too complicated.

What you can do though, if you want them to be completely separate, is you could duplicate your library (not your ROMs) and just use one for Big Box and one for LaunchBox.

• Like 1