LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Options menu is not opening

MrNarwhalker

I've gotten responses on social media but not here, so following up: 

I reinstalled over the current LB, but that didn't fix anything.

They recommend to remove my data files due to possible data corruption, but I don't know which ones, so I'm waiting on response. 

Edited by MrNarwhalker

2 minutes ago, MrNarwhalker said:

removed ALL data files. didn't work, but I finally got an error:

XKa0JDlDKe.thumb.png.c596f54c44a252879bba89639fcd728e.png

Did you remove just the items within your LaunchBox\Data folder, while LaunchBox was closed (including closed within your task manager), and then open LaunchBox?

Can you confirm whether we are talking about Big Box or LaunchBox? That error is talking about a path/view that is used in Big Box, but I was reading your post as if you were talking about LaunchBox. At this point I'd do a fresh install to a new directory and see if you still have the issue. If not, copy your data folder back in, then see if you have the issue.

3 minutes ago, MrNarwhalker said:

yes that file is there

Yeah, thats your problem. Do you have that folder set to readonly for some reason? That folder should be deleted and replaced on startup and it looks like that process is failing. If you delete that file you should be in better shape.