LaunchBox Community Forums

Attract mode features that I would love to see

mrmattcoachman

I am a HUGE fan of attract mode. I love just letting it sit back and run and when I see something interesting I can just walk up, start the game, and start playing. There are some features that would make it that much better:

1. Attract mode history - I often find myself using attract mode for 2 reasons: 1. To have it running in the background and displaying the games and 2. To randomly search through a particular platform until I come across a game I want to play. If I just have it playing in the background, I usually have it running at a 30 second interval (though 40 sec would be optimal) and this is a decent amount of time, but sometimes I'm late to seeing a game or I can't make it across the room quick enough to choose and while I'm looking for a game I usually have it at 10 sec, so the games fly by quickly. It would be awesome if we could just go to a section in the options that will show like the last 50 games that were showcased in attract mode. Then you would never have to worry about getting to it in time or trying to remember a game that passed 2 turns ago.

2. Option to change "# of games per platform": This would allow you to choose how many games you want shown before the platform changes. Just gives you more control over what you want to see.

3. Attract mode filters - This would give us the freedom to keep games in the game list, but filter them from being seen during attract mode. It would be nice if we could say, don't show a certain platform, or don't show mature games, or don't show 2-star and below. That sort of thing. Giving more control over what we want to see.

I love attract mode and it can be made even better, thanks for reading!

For feature request please use the "Request a Feature" link located at the top of the forum under "Help & Support".

I recommend once you do so, post a link to that feature request ticket in this thread to help drive users who may want the same features to vote.