LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Cocktail Table

stu187

I gutted a 1up pacman cocktail, installed a pc setup running windows 10. I have Big Box set up and Mame is running great with 2 player h2h split screen and also auto rotates for 2 player when necessary. My problem is that I can't seem to get the console games to do either view through Retroarch. My question is, is this possible or am I stuck with single player or 2 players swapping out for console games on a cocktail cabinet?

• 5 months later...
On 3/23/2022 at 6:34 PM, stu187 said:

That's what I figured, only info I could find was on shaders. Skimmed over it, seemed complicated. I will check into it more. Thank you for the quick response.

late response but if you still haven't figure the solution out yet, I recently did a cocktail cab running h2h split for consoles as well.  My solution is going through retroarch and using this shader, "cocktail-cabinet.glsl".  You may need to mess with the parameters to get them to fit just right but outside of that issue, that shater should solve your problems.  

On 3/23/2022 at 2:37 PM, stu187 said:

I gutted a 1up pacman cocktail, installed a pc setup running windows 10. I have Big Box set up and Mame is running great with 2 player h2h split screen and also auto rotates for 2 player when necessary. My problem is that I can't seem to get the console games to do either view through Retroarch. My question is, is this possible or am I stuck with single player or 2 players swapping out for console games on a cocktail cabinet?

Screen flopping (or flipping really) is a function built into arcade games, where MAME emulates that function for cocktail cabinets.  

There were never any cocktail cabinet consoles..   it was all on a single TV screen.   So it was never meant to work that way.   The games (code) doesn't have a signal / trigger to tell the emulator its time to flip the screen for Player 2.  

Now, if RetroArch (or other) has a way to rotate the screen, you could assign a keystroke to that and then use a shifted function to manually flip the screen when its appropriate for P2 (or P3/P4 for those crazy big modern four player cocktail cabinets).   Or mount a discrete button. 

You could probably get an autohotkey script to trigger Windows to flip the screen too.  Or the NVidia control panel functions maybe?