LaunchBox Community Forums

reloading off screen with gun4ir

jimbone007

Hey everyone, I'm having a bunch of problems with my gun4ir guns working with multiple emulators/roms. 

1. Off screen reloading worked in hotd for sm2. then I closed it didn't change anything and opened it again to play minutes later and now it wont work. I tried it with lost world sm3 and virtuacop 1 & @ sm2 and it wont work.

2. hotd sm2 and lost world sega m3 seems the aim is a little off and i calibrated both in and out of game. lost world the crosshairs are no where near where I'm aiming to hit dinos and hotd the crosshairs look perfectly aligned with where I'm aiming but then where the shot actually lands isn't where the crosshairs are.

3. When I close out of sm 2 and sm3 in lb the window sm2 emulator doesn't fully exit it just leaves fullscreen mode.

14 minutes ago, jimbone007 said:

3. When I close out of sm 2 and sm3 in lb the window sm2 emulator doesn't fully exit it just leaves fullscreen mode.

Add this to the running script option under Edit Emulator

; This section closes Sega Model 2 Emulator when pressing Escape
ESC::
{
     WinClose, ahk_exe emulator_multicpu.exe
}

15 minutes ago, jimbone007 said:

2. hotd sm2 and lost world sega m3 seems the aim is a little off and i calibrated both in and out of game. lost world the crosshairs are no where near where I'm aiming to hit dinos and hotd the crosshairs look perfectly aligned with where I'm aiming but then where the shot actually lands isn't where the crosshairs are.

Those games are natively 4:3 aspect ratio. Are you running at this ratio and not stretched? Have you switched the Gun4IR aspect ratio to content mode by default or used the gun mode button to switch to that mode?

17 minutes ago, jimbone007 said:

1. Off screen reloading worked in hotd for sm2. then I closed it didn't change anything and opened it again to play minutes later and now it wont work. I tried it with lost world sm3 and virtuacop 1 & @ sm2 and it wont work.

Are you using Demulshooter with m2emulator? It's needed to get both guns running. Was it running before starting the emulator?

I tried adding that to the running script exactly as it is typed and it didn't change the sm2 not closing when hitting esp. just exits full screen. I was running 16:9 ratio to content mode by default but I switch to 4:3 like you suggested and it still has the same accuracy and off screen reloading wont work. I am using demulshooter with sm2. I only attempted to set up one gun for now because I didn't want to further complicate the problem and confuse myself more haha. I selected the option to automatically run before main application in the additional apps tab in lb where I added the bat files application path.

I did the in game calibration in lost world after switch aspect ratio in gun4ir gui and it didn't make any difference. The aim is far off where as only a little off in hotd. also when closing SM3 it does close completely but then launchbox is resized and doesn't fit the whole screen anymore.

1 hour ago, jimbone007 said:

I think the issue with sm2 not closing and having a shruken window might be a issue with my pc because its happening to anything i have open even sometimes lb

Can you run the supermodel3 emulator from either a Powershell or command prompt and post the beginning of the log it generates?

supermodel.exe -log-level=debug 'E:\Sega Model 3\lostwsga.zip'

Of course change the path to your rom location.

If you've set the resolution to match your desktop resolution, this might help show us why it's still changing it. (Maybe it doesn't support that high, I don't know. Just 1080p for me)

I can run sm3 from command prompt and post the log. I finally got dolphin running wii arcade games with the 1 gun4ir light gun using demulshooter and it worked great. accuracy and off screen reloading both work so maybe its something in sm2 sm3 emulator that's the problem. 

Okay, I kept trouble shooting and I got lost world running pretty good. I didn't realize that off screen reload doesn't actually work. I assigned a button to it and was able to reload. I change the res of my pc to match sm3 instead of the other way around like I tried previously and that helped a lot with accuracy( still not perfect but definitely playable). I tried multiple versions of the emulator including the current build and out of the 3 I treid the only one I could get to run at a normal speed was the one I had set up for wiimotes. I'm not sure why. The latest build off the sm3 forum either ran way to fast or slow. Is there a way to have my pc switch resolutions automatically when launching a emulator in launchbox and then switch back automatically after I close out of that emulator?

I got the off screen reloading working in sm2. I had offscreen reloading set to shot in the corner in gun4ir gui but it needed to be set to normal shot. I tested hotd and virtuacop. virtua cop seems to have better accuracy though. Is there a way to do a in game calibration in hotd?

3 hours ago, jimbone007 said:

For anyone else wondering there is in game gun calibration for hotd on sm2. f2 to get to ingame menu. That fixed my accuracy problem

I thought you said in the first post that you did that already?

I'm glad you got it working. Light guns sure are the way to play these games but as you're finding out, each emulator/game has it's quirks and procedures that require some up front configuration.

Yea I'm definitely learning that haha. My next goal is to get dolphin to recognize my guns separately. I the games running off ahk and working great one player but both 1 & 2 player gun control the same reticle for some reason. I changed the wiimote ini from aimtrack to my gun4ir id and but I must be missing something.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 11:06 AM, Hamburglin said:

If you use that setting in your gun4ir guns then reloading in mame games won't work (except for area 51) because right mouse gets unbound in mame.

You can use the Additional Apps or a running hotkey to send commands to your Gun4IR to switch reload methods needed as per game.

Her is an example of a running script to turn reload off: (COM port 5 & 6 are my Gun4IRs)

Run, %COMSPEC% /C echo M1.0 > COM5
Run, %COMSPEC% /C echo M1.0 > COM6

Escape::
    Run, %COMSPEC% /C echo M1.2> COM5
    Run, %COMSPEC% /C echo M1.2 > COM6
    ExitApp
return

The first commands turns reload off, while the command in the exit key sets them back to reload button mode.