LaunchBox Community Forums

Reverting game list on a specific platform every launch

knapman

I'm not completely sure how long it has been this way but I recently went to mess around with my Amiga games and noticed a lot of the games were saying the files were missing, I ran a scan for new / removed files and it seemed to clean up the list, but every time I closed and reopened Launchbox the game list would revert to the old list of incorrect games. I have tried just deleting all the games in the list and scanning again and it reverts back to this old list every time I relaunch. I'm not sure if something has corrupted and won't save the changes properly, but how would I go about fixing this?

As a test I created a new platform with a new name, that links to the same rom folder and this doesn't revert when launching, but I would like to have the correctly named platform working again.

22 minutes ago, knapman said:

I'm not completely sure how long it has been this way but I recently went to mess around with my Amiga games and noticed a lot of the games were saying the files were missing, I ran a scan for new / removed files and it seemed to clean up the list, but every time I closed and reopened Launchbox the game list would revert to the old list of incorrect games. I have tried just deleting all the games in the list and scanning again and it reverts back to this old list every time I relaunch. I'm not sure if something has corrupted and won't save the changes properly, but how would I go about fixing this?

As a test I created a new platform with a new name, that links to the same rom folder and this doesn't revert when launching, but I would like to have the correctly named platform working again.

Look in your Launchbox/Data/Platforms folder, im betting you have more than one xml file for that platform, likely cause you used skraper, delete the one likely named the same but with backup in it. Skraper breaks Launchbox by default.

• Thanks 1