LaunchBox Community Forums

Changing image type per platform in Bigbox

Onsalo

Kinda figured it out. I went into launchbox and in each platform clicked image group and select the type I wanted, then switched to bigbox from launchbox and it has the different platforms as what I had it set to. But when I switch back to launchbox the platforms are showing the default image type but bigbox still retains what it was previously set to. So that works for what I was wanting. Thank you.

Edit: Though this doesnt not appear to be working for the playlists created under arcade.

Edited by Onsalo

When you want to setup up different themes in BigBox you have to:

1) install different themes- there is a section in BB to download some (in options), or you can manually add it if you find one here in the download section.

2) After you have installed the themes, you have to set the button to change themes and view. For examples I use a classic joypad and I have set L3 and R3 for this.

3) you have to scroll your BB menu, enter the platform or the playlist that you want to change and then...change the theme or the view using the sette buttons. When you have found what you want you have finished, because BB saves the configuration automatically when you exit

I remember that there was a tutorial video, but I dont remember where Jason spoke about that, sorry. Maybe is in a new release. Anyway tutorial are always usefull:

https://www.youtube.com/c/UnbrokenSoftwareLLC/videos

3 hours ago, Onsalo said:

Kinda figured it out. I went into launchbox and in each platform clicked image group and select the type I wanted, then switched to bigbox from launchbox and it has the different platforms as what I had it set to. But when I switch back to launchbox the platforms are showing the default image type but bigbox still retains what it was previously set to. So that works for what I was wanting. Thank you.

Edit: Though this doesnt not appear to be working for the playlists created under arcade.

The playlists should take on the image group for the platform the game comes from. There is no image group for playlists so it has to pull the image type you have set for the platform the game is in since playlists get all its data and media from the originating platform.

16 hours ago, xevious1974 said:

When you want to setup up different themes in BigBox you have to:

1) install different themes- there is a section in BB to download some (in options), or you can manually add it if you find one here in the download section.

2) After you have installed the themes, you have to set the button to change themes and view. For examples I use a classic joypad and I have set L3 and R3 for this.

3) you have to scroll your BB menu, enter the platform or the playlist that you want to change and then...change the theme or the view using the sette buttons. When you have found what you want you have finished, because BB saves the configuration automatically when you exit

I remember that there was a tutorial video, but I dont remember where Jason spoke about that, sorry. Maybe is in a new release. Anyway tutorial are always usefull:

https://www.youtube.com/c/UnbrokenSoftwareLLC/videos

Thank you kindly, I at first thought of trying this but only knew to use esc to get the main menue which took me out of the platform xD

21 minutes ago, Onsalo said:

Thank you kindly, I at first thought of trying this but only knew to use esc to get the main menue which took me out of the platform xD

Yes, I can understand you very well. It is some years that I am using this software, and I have learned a lot, but I am a total noob yet. It's not my work so I tend to forget what I have learned.

But it is the reason for which I use it, because it is very simple and slowly you can learn a lot and the result is great!

So, keep on using it and try to watch some tutorial or try to do simple changes.

Explore the option menu in BigBox, there are  tons of option but at start only few are really important and impacting.

^_^

17 hours ago, Retro808 said:

The playlists should take on the image group for the platform the game comes from. There is no image group for playlists so it has to pull the image type you have set for the platform the game is in since playlists get all its data and media from the originating platform.

Onsalo, to make you an example, what Retro is telling you is very important. But to understand it you have to get the difference between "playlist" and "platform" concepts, that in the beginning are not so clear. Maybe you already know that, but it is an example on how much are important the word that here are used.

Ok, I'll go back to study phylosophy... sorry for the disgression