LaunchBox Community Forums

Metadata/media shows for some games, but not others.

Alumriel

Now that I have an Odin handheld, I'm using the android version of Launchbox in earnest.

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but I've noticed that after downloading media for all my games, the "Clear Logo Image" (which I think is what replaces the name of the game in the "scroll list") isn't showing for some games, even though I know the media exists.
When I go to "edit data", it shows "None" for the "Clear Logo Image", HOWEVER, I can open that option and view the image.
Any idea what's going on here?
At least half my arcade games are like this.

Details (which may not matter):
Odin Pro handheld
Android 10
Launchbox v1.1

Images attached to show what I mean.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Edited by Alumriel
clarification

I'm pretty ignorant to all the inner workings of the Android build as Jason handles that one pretty exclusively, but I believe that code mimics how Big Box handles images in the wheel (or LaunchBox does in the image grid view) and has an image cache that needs reset. I'd check the options and see if there is an option that says something like "Refresh Image" or "Reset Image Cache" or something similar.

Most likely this was caused by a bug with a previous version, I think. There actually isn't a way to refresh the cache on Android (because the cache doesn't really work that way).

To fix it, you should be able to delete the platform, but choose the option not to delete any media. Then just re-import the platform, and all the media should show up. Let me know if that doesn't fix the issue. If it doesn't, then we probably have a bug that I'm unaware of.

22 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Most likely this was caused by a bug with a previous version, I think. There actually isn't a way to refresh the cache on Android (because the cache doesn't really work that way).

To fix it, you should be able to delete the platform, but choose the option not to delete any media. Then just re-import the platform, and all the media should show up. Let me know if that doesn't fix the issue. If it doesn't, then we probably have a bug that I'm unaware of.

Unfortunately, this did not work.
However, I re-did it and deleted all folders I was given the option to delete (including media), then things seem to be fine now.
Odd, but I only have around 700 games, so not a huge deal.

On a possibly related note - when trying to view "Raiden", Launchbox crashes.
If I skip past it quickly to other games, including Raiden sequels (like Raiden DX), they display fine.

This is even with a "clean" install of the platform.
Debug log attached. (looks like a bitmap is too large - even though I didn't control where the bitmap came from - I assume it's coming from a launchbox server)

Debug 2022-04-27 04-54-39 PM.log

Edited by Alumriel
added debug log
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...