LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom MAME Bezel Artwork for Vector Games

gh0stp1rate

I just finished making MAME bezel artwork Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe and BattleZone. But now when I run them with the custom bezels, everything is in black and white. Would anyone with experience with custom bezels and vector games for MAME help me out? I found a thread on another forum where the person figured out how to fix it, but the attached .lay files on the thread were no longer available.

The issue is that the previous layout you were using used an overlay to "tint" the vector graphics.

Your custom bezel doesn't have that feature. Your only options are find a different layout that has both (enabled at the same time), or edit you custom bezel and add the same overlay features into the view you are using.

Edited by Headrush69
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

The issue is that the previous layout you were using used an overlay to "tint" the vector graphics.

Your custom bezel doesn't have that feature. Your only options are find a different layout that has both (enabled at the same time), or edit you custom bezel and add the same overlay features into the view you are using.

Okay, gotcha and thanks! I have the MAME Unified Bezels Pack from EmuMovies and it has bezels for these 3 games. I'll tinker around by including stuff from their default.lay configurations onto mines and see what works.

2 hours ago, gh0stp1rate said:

Okay, gotcha and thanks! I have the MAME Unified Bezels Pack from EmuMovies and it has bezels for these 3 games. I'll tinker around by including stuff from their default.lay configurations onto mines and see what works.

I've done this for several of my games, especially vector games. 

It's not overly hard but you'll find different layouts use different coordinate systems, so you'll have to convert if that happens and only use one type per view.

Yeah, I've got it them showing up correctly now! I use a canvas in Photoshop that's the resolution of my Ultrawide monitor, scale the horizontal down to 1920, place a line shape in the size of what's in the other configuration and in the same x placement, then scale it back up to 3440 and get the numbers I need for my setup. And  then the same for the vertical, which I only had to do for BattleZone.