LaunchBox Community Forums

Question about Additional Apps, and Play version

maabus

I combined the roms in my Virtual Boy platform, and one game is acting differently than the others. 

If I right click on most games I only show Play Version, and it has two versions of the game listed. 

spacer.png

But for Virtual League Baseball i only have one version in Play Version, 

virtual-league.png

But i have an additional App section, and the (japan) version is in here.

additional-app.png

Really this is Virtual Pro Yakyuu '95 (Japan), but it having a different name isn't the issue as another combined game that has a different named version is not doing this. 

Panic Bomber (USA) and Tobidase! Panibon (Japan) both show up in Play Version, and there is no additional app section. 

panic-bomber.png

Why is Additional App only showing up for that one game, and what controls the menu list? 

I'd take a look and make sure your version showing as an app has a value in the version field of the Edit page. To check go to the game, and edit game and go to Additional Applications page, then go to that app and select it and press Edit Application. In that window on the second page should be a version text box. Make sure it has Japan (or SOMETHING) in there. It should then push it appropriately to the right section of the menu.

Thanks C-Beats,

That does not seem to be the issue. The version is there. 

edit.pngmetadata.png

Weird thing is i deleted all of the games, and then reimported them, and combined them, and it happened again. 

@C-Beats

Maybe this is a bug? I just tried a fresh installation of LB, and it still makes that Additional App tab for this game only. I have not seen this tab with any other combined game. 

Im using v12.12-beta 2

Edited by maabus

This happens for me as well with multiple games. It is a rare thing to happen, but does so now and then.. I believe I solved it once by renaming and reimporting the rom going as a different app, but I'd really like to know what is causing it since I'd prefer to keep the original rom name