LaunchBox Community Forums

Aeon MQ 8 Kodi Skin Theme

Duimon

I am starting an Aeon MQ 8 "Cold" theme using the Theme Creator. Here is what I have so far.

Horizontal Platform Wheel View...

spacer.png

Horizontal Games Wheel View...

spacer.png

The top-right image box is a video. The 3DBox assets are my own templates.

System Settings View...

spacer.png

I have the blessing of the skin creator for my project so I am using as many of the skin assets as I can manage.

Some of the features I need to do it right are forthcoming, so I am waiting until the 2.5 release to continue my work.

Edited by Duimon
  • Like 2

Before I put this on the shelf I made some adjustments to improve text readability.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I also customized the settings view logo and created a startup splash screen. (PNG renamed to MP4.)

spacer.png

The splash screen stutters a bit near the end of the loading. (If someone has another way to customize I would love to know.) It works great with the Kodi launcher addon. (Since the launcher turns the background black before launching.)

Edited by Duimon
  • Like 1

Okay, nice overview of your Theme!

If YOU are the same Duimon who created this, then something really great is coming our way 😁
https://forums.libretro.com/t/duimon-hsm-mega-bezel-graphics-and-presets-feedback-and-updates/28146

P.S.:  One of the best HyperspaceMadness’ Mega Bezel Reflection Shader i ever implemented in my System. THANK YOU

• Like 1

OCD can be a curse or a blessing.

I was not happy with the settings screen. The image from the Kodi skin had all sorts of issues. (Specifically the perforated Metal.)

It was off center, had horrible banding, the clear space in the middle was asymmetrical, and there were many image conversion artifacts. 😞

So I spent a large part of the day recreating the perforated metal from scratch in Illustrator.

WIP-Settings.jpg

While I was at it I also recreated the Aeon MQ 8 logo. (The LB logo was already vector.)

Any banding or artifacts in the screenshot are from JPG conversion for posting to the forum.

Oh... and "Experience" was spelled wrong. (My Mistake. 😉)

Edited by Duimon
  • Like 2
  • Game On 1