LaunchBox Community Forums

Pause menu options stopped working? Causes crash in BigBox

Madhead

All of a sudden the pause menu in LaunchBox and BigBox has stopped functioning properly. It actually launches when I press the PS button (what I've mapped as pause button), but none of the options work. It doesn't exit nor does it load or save a state on any emulator. And when in BigBox it crashes the app and brings up an error message.

Also curiously enough my exit game mapping I have on my controller now doesn't work either. I mapped it as 'Share button + Triangle' on Dualshock 4 and now it doesn't exit the emulator. Worked without issue before. Its like Launchbox has stopped recognising hotkeys altogether. Also it doesn't crash LaunchBox (just nothing happens), but it crashes BigBox.

A few anomalies have been happening with LaunchBox recently. Like a few xml files in the Data folder were corrupted for seemingly no reason at all. I had to re set up the settings. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Madhead said:

And when in BigBox it crashes the app and brings up an error message.

lol, could you please supply said error? That would absolutely be the best way to troubleshoot any issues, but i will note i haven't seen anyone else with this issue, so it's likely system specific, and hopefully the error will help to pinpoint the issue. 

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

lol, could you please supply said error? That would absolutely be the best way to troubleshoot any issues, but i will note i haven't seen anyone else with this issue, so it's likely system specific, and hopefully the error will help to pinpoint the issue. 

I reinstalled Launchbox and it works now. But if it happens again I'll be sure to screenshot the error log and report it. I'm thinking it's a virus of some sort. If so do you think I can still salvage my metadata and media if I reinstall windows?

49 minutes ago, Madhead said:

do you think I can still salvage my metadata and media if I reinstall windows?

Launchbox is portable, you can copy the entire folder to another PC/HDD and copy it back later, or you can copy specific folders like the data/images/videos/manuals/music/themes folders and copy them back, but those are the big folders, so if going that far you may as well just copy the whole Launchbox folder.