LaunchBox Community Forums

CPS Roms Launchbox Crashing Whilst Parsing

goldielocks

1 hour ago, goldielocks said:

Latest launchbox from play recognises my CPS 1&2 zipped rooms but then crashes and kicked back to android desktop whilst parsing/adding. Anyone know why this is happening?

Can you send me a screenshot of your CPS files? Are they in MAME format?

I've tried various sets from various sites like archive.org or emuparadise et al.. but i keep getting same result. Is there a specific set i need to get & can you tell me what emulators are there for cps 1&2 roms on launchbox android as you don't get to see the list of supported emulators until the games have actually been added. Only format i know that they are is .zip

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

Edited by goldielocks

I have exact same problem = Latest launchbox recognises my CPS 1&2 zipped rooms but then crashes and kicked back to android desktop whilst parsing/adding. Anyone know why this is happening?

My files look the same as goldielocks above.

Help?

Edited by master333

Yay! but i notice that only people who purchased Launchbox previously from play store are eligible to use beta to utilise this fix:/

Will this fix/update be incorporated the next official update/release?

I recently purchased from official Launchbox site so do not qualify & am sadly disappointed:(

Edited by goldielocks

23 minutes ago, goldielocks said:

Yay! but i notice that only people who purchased Launchbox previously from play store are eligible to use beta to utilise this fix:/

Will this fix/update be incorporated the next official update/release?

I recently purchased from official Launchbox site so do not qualify & am sadly disappointed:(

Actually, anyone can use the beta. Just go into the Options and check the box to update to beta releases, then fully exit and restart to be prompted to update.

Sorry for being so anal but are you sure about that Jason as this is what you stated about it on this thread:

Also, since I got the APK for launchbox from the official site & outwith google play, will i still be prompted to update to a new official version automatically when it is released or does this stop due to being sourced outwith play store & I have to download & update new version APK manually?

Sorry for being so anal but are you sure about that Jason as this is what you stated about it on this thread:

Not sure what exactly you're referring to there, but yes, the beta is available to anyone.

Also, since I got the APK for launchbox from the official site & outwith google play, will i still be prompted to update to a new official version automatically when it is released or does this stop due to being sourced outwith play store & I have to download & update new version APK manually?

Yes, you will still be prompted to update automatically.