LaunchBox Community Forums

Is there a way to hide the loading UI on windows game big box?

soloredis420

I have set up all my emulators to show to --gui ect with commands ect to start up and shut down nicely and certain emulators have an option to check mark hide all windows that are not in exclusive mode, but I cannot find this option for windows games.  Its really bumming me out there is the huge flashing ubisoft stuff / steam stuff when transitioning from games when everything else is clean like a console experience. 

Please tell me there is a way to hide this stuff for windows games, because from what I can tell there is little to no support on windows for this and feeling buyers regret. 

23 minutes ago, soloredis420 said:

Please tell me there is a way to hide this stuff for windows games, because from what I can tell there is little to no support on windows for this and feeling buyers regret.

As Windows games do not use emulators (obviously), you have to set up Startup screens per game. Right click your game > Edit > Edit Metadata/Media > Startup/Pause tab. Tick "Override Default Startup Screen Settings" > click "Customize". Here you can enable and try (a combination of) settings and adjust the duration of the Startup Screen. You can download Startup Themes from here:

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/31-startup-themes/

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

As Windows games do not use emulators (obviously), you have to set up Startup screens per game. Right click your game > Edit > Edit Metadata/Media > Startup/Pause tab. Tick "Override Default Startup Screen Settings" > click "Customize". Here you can enable and try (a combination of) settings and adjust the duration of the Startup Screen. You can download Startup Themes from here:

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/31-startup-themes/

Yeah I'm aware that windows don't use emulators lol but wanted the setting as a check mark option if you know what i mean. Ill try modding the metadata, its my ubisoft games that do this from ubisoft connect.

15 minutes ago, soloredis420 said:

There was a check mark option going deeper into it to hide all windows nonexclusive per individual game! Thank you!! 😃

👍But keep in mind, you can't enable that setting for every game! Just try what settings and durations work on a per game basis.

Edited by Your Friendly A.I Overlord

21 minutes ago, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

👍But keep in mind, you can't enable that setting for every game! Just try what settings and durations work on a per game basis.

Yeah, unfortunately I went through all the launch options and Ubisoft / some Steam games interrupt the bigbox UI. Its not game breaking but it really hurts the OCD 

1 hour ago, soloredis420 said:

Yeah, unfortunately I went through all the launch options and Ubisoft / some Steam games interrupt the bigbox UI. Its not game breaking but it really hurts the OCD

In the settings of your games themself, set them up to use Fullscreen Exclusive mode as much as possible (instead of them using Borderless Fullscreen mode). Then in LaunchBox ,set up your game 's Startup Screen with "Hide all Windows that are not in Exclusive Mode" ticked. Unfortunately some games only use Borderless Fullscreen and do not have an option to use Exclusive Fullscreen mode, so then "Hide all Windows that are not in Exclusive Mode" must be unticked. But you should always adjust the "Startup Load Delay" slider, in the the Startup Screen settings, to the time it takes for your game to go fullscreen.

Was wondering about command line arguments, didn't know where to find them. That may be the only fix because rockstar games from social club are even worse than ubisoft. Steam for the most part launch no problem. So close to one universal launcher with a controller though! lol. Ill let you know how it goes

12 minutes ago, soloredis420 said:

Was wondering about command line arguments, didn't know where to find them.

I meant for games that have their own launcher like the Borderlands and Tomb Raider games. And like I said: in the game 's Video Settings, set them up to use Fullscreen Exclusive mode because that works best with the LaunchBox Startup Screens.

Yeah putting them into exclusive full screen and setting task bar to hide fixed the ubisoft, (exclusive alone was still showing task bar with ubi games). Steam they launch perfect, and rockstar social club... that's a mess. It intermittent breaks on the social club app, and there are only 3 settings social club has to apply which is extremely limited. but I only have the remastered gta bundle with them so its only 3 games I guess I can live with that. It still functions, just gotta wait for the exe file to "click" on the social club "play button".